A Court of Frost and Starlight, by Sarah J. Maas

merricats_cuppa_tea's review against another edition

This was very cute and lighthearted fun. A little short but understandable. I know I’m chomping at the bit for Court of Silver Flames now though!!

plantssandpages's review against another edition

So very very sweet and cute and wholesommmmme

aameliee's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

kandisebaileyy's review against another edition

This was such a nice way to wrap things up. It's a calm, less dramatic book compared to everything that happens in the first three. And I really enjoyed that.

jilliraeo's review against another edition

adventurous medium-paced

jeniash's review against another edition

It was cute but you dont need to read it. It really doesnt add anything to the overall story.

kpayne925's review against another edition

dark emotional sad medium-paced

irishgibson's review against another edition

lighthearted relaxing medium-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A

navyagoel's review against another edition

This was my first time listening to an audiobook, so I'm going to review this book in two parts: the actual book and the audiobook.

The actual book:
I was hesitant going into reading this book because it doesn't have a great rating and i get why. There is basically no storyline, random things keep happening all the time and it just leaves you confused. However, and hear me out, i don't really mind it. Going into it after reading acowar, this book is exactly what a reader needs to clear their mind off the war and planning and plotting. It might seem a little frivolous but that's what it's meant to be. It goes into many more perspectives than the first three books, which I can only assume happens to prep for the next book (acosf). It can get a little draggy in some places but it's actually really well written for a bridge book, it's funny and it doesn't bore you. Another thing I liked about it is that you don't have wrack your brain and pay close attention to understand what's happening, it gives you a much needed break in the middle of this exhaustive series. I do agree that even if this book did not exist, it wouldn't have matteered and that it probably could have been done a little better in terms of how haphazard it was.

The audiobook:
The reason i chose this book to be my first audiobook was because i had heard that skipping this book wouldn't make a difference and secondly because I didn't want to spend money on the actual book for a pointless 200 pages. That being said, i don't think audiobooks are for me. It sort of make the whole series a little gimmicky in my opinion because it wasn't what I had imagined it to be in my head. It felt like the audiobook was sort of a mockery of the characters i had grown to love these past three books. Maybe an audiobook of a standalone would be better for me, but for this series, it definitely didn't work out.

So, to conclude i would say, read this book if money isn't a problem, if you need a break after acowar and if you want to read something that doesn't take up brain space.

jmd30's review against another edition

Disappointing. I should have listen to everyone who said to skip the book entirely. I’m not really sure what the point of that book was, nothing really happened and nothing was resolved it just sort of ended. When I got to the end I literally said wtf out loud because it was just so abrupt. Book just wasn’t up to par with the rest of the series. I agree with other readers that if you are reading this series, just skip this book.