Avalon High: Coronation #3: Hunter's Moon, by Meg Cabot

adventurous lighthearted mysterious fast-paced

aprilsarah's review

2.5 stars

williamsdebbied's review

Book three in the Avalon High manga trilogy.

Ellie has a lot to worry about--will she be able to triumph over Morgan for the title of homecoming queen? And, more important, will Ellie's faith in Will be enough to convince him that he really is King Arthur, reborn, and that he can save the world?

Though I have always loved the King Arthur legend, this series didn't really grab me.

lpcoolgirl's review

Such a great ending, loved it so much! Really glad that I own these!

leakelley's review

In this, the third book in the Avalon High trilogy, Ellie is intent on reuniting her boyfriend Will with his family and convincing to accept his destiny as a reincarnated King Arthur.

She's also running for Homecoming Queen.

I loved the novel that this trilogy is based on (Avalon High), but these manga (what is plural for manga?) don't quite do it for me. Even three books can't capture the original, and the drawings reduce the characters to caricatures. The books don't seem to be very popular in my classroom either, so I'm not sure that they work as a bridge to the novels. If could be, however, that manga just isn't the right form for me.

quinnster's review

eh. It's over. Yay.

nikki_in_niagara's review

And thus ends a trilogy. Full of romance and rushing to beat the clock, the story of whether Will accepts his fate as the reincarnation as King Arthur comes to a conclusion. The story concentrates on the countdown as to whether Will save the world form ruin or not and the plot against them by Will's brother and his girlfriend Morgan with the climax happening at a high school football game. {Yawn} Again, like the other books in this series, the King Arthur plot holds the story together but basically we are following the soap opera lives of teens and their romances. I found it to be a quick piece of fluff that was entirely predictable. Again, the illustrations of the girls in their ballgowns remind me of Disney princesses and the artwork just doesn't appeal to me at all. However, Meg Cabot is a popular author and I'm sure her fans and regular audience will probably enjoy this much more than I who have never read the author's work before. This volume is the best of all three with it's final conclusion which ends the Coronation part of the title but obviously leaves plenty of room for sequels.

kkaste's review against another edition

This is the conclusion of the Avalon High book. This time Will needs to accept who he is and his dynasty or the world will end. This happens the night of Homecoming. Marco gets out of the mental hospital and is trying to convince Ellie he means no harm. Will is still living with Ellie and her family. I enjoyed these novels to continue the story. I was a little disappointed with how the girls were drawn in this but other than that I loved the story.

montyskid's review against another edition

Yeah... I'm going to pretend this never happened

kmvellenga's review against another edition

Not gonna lie, this one was pretty dumb, but I had a fun time anyway.