My Name Is Jason. Mine Too.: Our Story. Our Way. by Jason Reynolds, Jason Griffin

bernadette_reads's review against another edition

funny hopeful informative inspiring reflective fast-paced

allyjo27's review against another edition

fast-paced

beillumined's review against another edition

Men Pretend
or love
or listen
I hear

I guess they pretend

nmfolkman's review against another edition

inspiring reflective

nicolemhewitt's review against another edition

This review and many more can be found on my blog: Feed Your Fiction Addiction

This is a really short collaboration of poems and artwork by author Jason Reynolds and artist Jason Griffin (Reynolds’s college roommate). Honestly, there’s not a lot to it—and I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t always “get” modern art, so not all the artwork was my favorite. Still, I enjoyed reading poems about their struggles to make a name for themselves and to be seen. As always, Reynolds’s writing is stark and powerful. Reading his work makes me want to sit down and write poetry myself—which I think says something about the sense of inspiration behind his words. If you’re a fan of the author, I’d definitely give this quick little book a read!

I give it 3.5/5 stars.

foofers1622's review against another edition

A memior told in poetry is such an interesting idea.

mellabella's review against another edition

Interesting story of Jason and Jason's friendship. Good art and poetry.

mitchosaur's review against another edition

This was such a heart warming selection of poems. You could feel their emotions seeping through the pages. I absolutely loved it.

aqilahreads's review against another edition

idk how to feel about this book; generally felt that there is a "missing" connection and there were pages where i felt that they could have use the spaces to fill up that connection. overall, i do enjoy the art aspects but just wished i was able to feel a certain level of interrelation between it and the writing.

faithmccollum's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective fast-paced