Brûlure magique, by Ilona Andrews

catwithbooks's review against another edition

Zweiter Fall für Kate Daniels und der hat es ganz schön in sich.
Ein mysteriöser Typ, der einfach aus dem nichts auftauchen kann. Merkwürdige fischartige Geschöpfe. Ein Hexenzirkel, der verschwunden ist und ein kleines Mädchen, welches seine Mutter finden möchte. Kate steckt mal wieder Knie tief in Schwierigkeiten und dabei noch den attraktiven Curran aus dem Weg zu gehen ist leider auch nicht so einfach.

Wieder eine sehr spannend Geschichte, auf die man ein zweiten Blick werfen muss. Tollen Humor und einen klasse Spannungsbogen. Kate gefällt mir richtig gut, sie lässt sich so schnell nichts gefallen und wenn sie einen ins Herz geschlossen hat, gibt sie alles für den denjenigen, auch wenn manchmal ihre Art was schroff ist. Das Geplänkel mit Curran ist sehr amüsant und ich bin schon gespannt was da noch so kommt.
Für mich hat die Geschichte alles was das Herz begehrt ohne langgezogenen Mittelteil.

idiotzone's review against another edition

Still a lot of fun. I have to say, though, I would like better writing in the next books. (There's 10 of them, they should improve.) I already see a lot of repetition, which is long series's demise, and it's just the second book.
I actually hope Kate and Curran don't get together until the 6th book or something. Let it burn, nice and slow.

P.S. This series has one of the worst covers on the entire planet.

alicat09's review against another edition

This is where the Kate Daniels series really starts to get amazing! Kate is my perfect heroine - snarky, seriously skilled, smart, and resilient (ha, you thought I'd have another s word). She has a huge heart despite her bleak background which really shows in her drive to fight to protect the innocent.

I loved Bran's antics - perfect to make someone a bit jealous but Kate knows his number.

The mythology in this book is so fun - I've always been a huge Greco-Roman mythology buff so learning more about Celtic mythology was really interesting and I know Ilona Andrews do their research so I'm sure there are no annoying misrepresentations.

Also more Curran development, I love their banter!!

goldguardie's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional tense fast-paced

This series continues to be good!

waterdeep's review against another edition

Are these the most well-written books I've ever read? No.
Am I having a lot of fun reading them? Do I want to immediately pick up the next one every time I finish the one I'm currently reading? Yes.

carolinefran's review against another edition

adventurous tense fast-paced

yuliatta's review against another edition

OMG! This was even better than the first one! Action packed, fast paced and more Curran- brilliant!

fatal_poison_4_u's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious fast-paced

book_realm_revisions's review against another edition

JULIE! One of my favorite characters. I forgot that we touched on Celtic mythology in this series. It had been so long since I had last read this book.

Also ANDREA! Another badass heroine that I love.

brennaa's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny mysterious sad tense fast-paced