Reviews tagging Kidnapping

Brûlure magique, by Ilona Andrews

librarymouse's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious fast-paced

This series is really fun. I Love the addition of Julie to the cast of characters. Kate immediately starts referring to her as "my kid", and the dynamic of the pack and they're protective nature around children is really nice. I like that Kate doesn't try to replace Julie's mom, but offers up the role of weird aunt. This is a really interesting storyline, and I look forward to seeing how the plot twist that was revealed in this book about Kate's parentage plays into future novels in the series. I also really enjoy the addition of Andrea into the series. I love a good female friendship, and the two of them are really good for each other. Curran's reactions to learning about Kate's words of power is very funny. It feels a little bit like a sitcom to have him psych her out of a kiss. The one thing that really messed me up for a while is the death of the dog in the honeycomb.

brennaa's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny mysterious sad tense fast-paced

angelareads's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious tense fast-paced

For me this was an improvement compared to the first book. I really enjoy some aspects, though it is a little too gruesome for me occasionally. I'm looking forward to continuing the series!