Labyrinth Lost, by Zoraida Córdova

nlaw95's review

fast-paced

sofia_the_bookworm's review against another edition

3.5/5 🌟

saharahayes's review against another edition

DNF'd @ 30%

izzi456's review against another edition

jennybear86's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional fast-paced

myriam's review

What a disappointment. This falls so flat. It feels like the story is happening around Alex more than anything else. And the relationships feel so shallow. I’m supposed to believe Rishi is her best friend when all I’ve seen her in  is one chapter and a text exchange before she shows up again ten chapters later? And Nova! Good God, Nova! I can tell he’s supposed to be a mysterious bad boy that the main character is drawn to but all I see is a condescending asshole. This book just doesn’t work for me.

moukthika's review against another edition

This was a unique concept. I enjoyed learning about Alex's powers and her family history. The writing was pretty simple too. But the world building felt incomplete as I couldn't get a better idea of Las Lagos. On top that, the voice of the main character was like that of a ten year old for most of the time. It was hard to enjoy because of my dislike of the main character. Overall it was a decent but unremarkable read.

fallenprincess's review against another edition

I really enjoyed this

Alex is a bruja, but doesn't want to be. At the ceremony that is meant to awaken her powers she wished they would go away. It doesn't go as planned as her family ends up disappearing. She then goes off on a self discovery journey and one to hopefully get her family back.

There was alsoa bisexual love triangle that is sweet. I liked the characters and the story was interesting. It did drag in the middle and was a bit dry in parts, but I will keep reading

bookishmavsgirl's review

adventurous dark medium-paced

declaired's review against another edition

Things I liked:
-The structure of the book!
-Literally you open it and there's a map to Los Lagos, with places with names like Bone Valle, River Luxaria (Lover's Lament), The Labyrinth- you know you are gonna travel here and you know it's gonna be good. (I don't hate maps in fantasy books but I'm not a person who Loves them either, so a map like this-- which looks like a cooler version of the hundred acre woods, with place names made to amp you up, and a journey into some kind of underworld-- that's the SHIT dude)
-The structure again, because in some ways this book is a standard adventure story, but it uses the journey you know you're going on and the tropes of YA to do some other interesting stuff
SpoilerThis is the second book in a row I read where the heroine meets a cute bad boy who falls madly in love with her and sacrifices himself/his ambitions for that love of her while FULLY KNOWING that she's in love with someone else and not really even asking (let alone demanding) that she reward this behavior, and like tbh I'm pretty into it. Love doesn't have to be requited to be transformative. And sometimes all they need is someone who looks at them like a person, which doesn't need romantic love behind it.

-The strong theme of family, of family as strength and identity.
-badass bisexual lead!

totally solid adventure story, would recommend