The Lost Hero, by Rick Riordan

dcstiel's review against another edition

i got so bored that i decided to just read spoilers so i could move onto the next book. sorry, i just didnt like it

anssowl's review against another edition

I CALLED IT (THE END) It took me like less than 2 weeks to read this one as I had to get used to the new characters which were fine but also annoying. I think I would appreciate this book a lot more if I re-read it.

jinckee's review against another edition

Omg @ that ending!!! It was soooo good!!!The second book is going to be epic, I can feel it :D

kesika_r's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious fast-paced

marcoguerbois's review against another edition

Tutto nuovo per Rick: Terza persona; nuovi personaggi; cambiamento di punti di vista ad ogni capitolo...
All'inizio si sente tantissimo la mancanza di Percy, ma la trama รจ davvero interessante e i misteri sono trattati molto bene.

mariagiselad's review against another edition

Rick Riordan is the ABSOLUTE BEST. I really liked the narration style and how you can see the story from different perspectives instead of just the one (I love me some good ol 1st person narrative, but I think that with fantasy 3rd person usually works better and allows the writer to go deeper into the story, which is nice) I was kinda scared I wasn't going to like the characters as much as the old crew but they're pretty great, funny and quite compelling, the humor from the first series remains intact in this one. The story also feels a bit more grown up so I think I got more out of it, apart from how much more intricate and straight up crazy it got. We love to see it. I was expecting more Percy and Annabeth though, but I know they're comming soon and I'm SO ready.

delialostlibrary0's review against another edition

adventurous relaxing fast-paced

Bagian pertama kerasa lambat banget dan lumayan ke drag, but after the quest start pace nya langsung lari dan lumayan fast pace walaupun suka karena mbahas roman counterpart i just miss percy to much.
Buat karakter ok lah ini masih awal jd perubahannya gk begitu drastis tp tetep berkembang. Kita fokus ke minor god/ goddess jd lebih seru sih dan lagi aku pikir bakal annoyed ama piper tp di ending dia pov yg ku tunggu dan disini fokus ke ketiganya jd gk terlalu belibet dan kita melihat banyak sudut pandang baru yg gk ada di series sebelumnya

sjessup26's review against another edition

Wow, I loved this book. When I first picked it up, I shall be honest, it was because everyone was telling me to do so. I loved the Percy Jackson series, so I was interested. When I began reading it, I was on the fence, but I ended up loving it! This book is easily one of the best I have ever read! The thrill, the characters, the plot; it blended perfectly. I definitely recommend this book to all of the people out there who love Percy Jackson, Greek mythology, and just a great book!

hanna_rose's review against another edition

adventurous emotional tense medium-paced

rick riordan wrote it, so you know it's good. this book is pretty solid. i thought leo and piper were interesting characters and liked the addition of the roman iterations of the greek gods to the story. my two complaints are that jason isn't all that compelling as a hero, especially after having percy. jasons just bland in comparison. my other complaint is that it's sort of long, but that's not all that serious. overall, still a good book.

conifrancese's review against another edition

I can't believe it took me so many years to read this series!!!!!!! I absolutely loved it and THAT ENDING omg need to read book 2