The Quilter's Apprentice, by Jennifer Chiaverini

javalette's review against another edition

The main character reminded me so much of my friend, Lisa G., I could hardly believe it! Nice story, overall good chick-lit.

ravenhaymond's review against another edition

This was a fun light read with a storyline that kept me reading and characters that I enjoyed reading about. I appreciated how clean it was (no language, etc.) and I loved learning about the quilts and the quilting community--makes me want to learn how to quilt! It reads quickly and I look forward to reading the next book in the series.

martinhope19's review against another edition

This book is so heartwarming and beautiful with a perfect mix of sass, love, friendship, and history. Ironically, I picked this book up randomly off a bookstore’s shelf, loved it and decided to look it up on Goodreads. Surprise! I’d already read it once before. Haha the reread was wonderful, and now I must continue the series!

briannaw's review against another edition

I liked this book, the information about quilting was interesting, I am going to have to go online for actual pictures of the patterns mentioned in the book since I couldn't visualize them very well from the descriptions.
The main character and her job search reminded me of my own job search, especially the ridiculous grocery store question. The thing that I liked the most about this book though was that it reminded me of my Grandma who quilted and watching her work.

lindz's review against another edition

This was a well thought book to read. It about a Old woman and her home a bit along with quilting. We find out some things about Mrs. Compson. We also learn about her family history a bit and Elm Creek Manor. It quite a sweet story.

If you decide to pick this book up and start reading you will finding out the family history of Elm Creek Manor. Sarah is hired to be a personal assistant to help clean up the Manor. Matt is in charge of the restoration of the Manor.

This book is about forming friendships, relationships and quilting. You will be amazed by what all in the this book and what is about.

elkcariboubiologist's review against another edition

quick, easy read for travel...enjoyed this book and will most likely continue with the series.

mohogan2063's review

This was my second time reading this book. I liked it much better on the second reading. It started out slow for me (both times). I thought the character, Sarah acted more like a teenager than a twenty-something college educated married woman. Her character improved as the story went along. I recommend this series for quilting enthusiasts or anyone who likes warm and fuzzy stories.

lisadee's review

Re reading this book has been wonderful! I had forgotten a few of the details, but the story is still the most comforting, enjoyable read. I am rereading the first few books using audio. My commute has never been this enjoyable.
The story alternates between Sylvia and Sarah’s meeting, becoming friends ,trying to save Elm Creek Manor and Sylvia’s memories of the Manor’s origins and inhabitants.
My take always: I still wish I could quilt and I need to continue the series immediately.

meli65's review

Kind of cheesy.

debreads's review

I really enjoyed this book and found it enduring. I am a beginner quilter as well and always seem to find myself in circles with ladies more experienced and wiser. I was able to relate to Sarah, as well as Mrs. Compson and their stories. I'm glad that this is a series so that I can get to know the characters more because I didn't want the story to end.