The Women's War, by Jenna Glass

jwfawn's review

adventurous tense medium-paced

radiant_aurora's review against another edition

A spectacular read! Check it out-A magical spell that gives women the power to control their fertility, men who aren’t ready to give up their power and did I mention magic!!!!! This book took me longer to read due to it being 560 but it was very enjoyable.

Thank you @netgalley for my Arc!

xmnemosyne's review against another edition

Not the worst thing I've read, but can't say it's part of my favourite list. I found it interesting, but it lacked some things to make it a really great series. Not going into it, no point.
I will, however, read book 2 and if that one isn't a let down then I will continue reading the series.
I love the Feminist element of this novel.
The ending I felt was a bit rushed, not quite sure how the ending worked the way it did, but maybe it would be explained in the next book.

tessa_talks_books's review against another edition

My review will be combined with a review of Book 2, Queen of the Unwanted.

ennakym's review against another edition

This is like if Sheri Tepper wrote fantasy instead of sci-fi, and without any real plot twists. Solid, enjoyable, and a novel magic system.

katiespina's review against another edition

OMG.

OMG.

I'm not big into epic fantasy. This takes everything I don't like about them and shows exactly how it should be done.

THAT ENDING!

I'm absolutely blown away and can't wait for the next one.

ardenruth's review

adventurous dark tense medium-paced

a_l_deleon's review against another edition

The Women’s War was one of the most intriguing epics fantasies I’ve read. There were a few things I’d like to have seen fleshed out a little more but it was still a heck of a story to read. I’ll be thinking on the questions and implications of this story long after I shelve it. Well done.

nightowl22's review

adventurous dark emotional hopeful inspiring reflective medium-paced

jackiester626's review against another edition

Right now I am simply in shock with how this book ended. I have become fully invested in these characters and I am eager to learn what happens next.