amandalorianxo's review

informative reflective fast-paced

If you are anxiously attached - this book does have a little more info for you specifically but it still covers secure and avoidant - just not as heavily. Also, no examples with any lgbtqa couples, wish that could have been added.

kimntaylor's review

rian501's review

informative reflective medium-paced

This book gives some helpful tools for navigating relationships and helping one understand some of their own behavior patterns. I found the very either-or aspect of it a little reductive.

marionhoney's review against another edition

hopeful informative medium-paced

The lack of acknowledgment of emotional labour and reinforcement of heterosexual stereotypes in many of the examples of relationship conflict felt like holes in the research. Still, would recommend and can see myself referring back to this book to check in on my attachment patterns and refresh on effective communication.

skyemadison's review

curamay's review

sallyjofrench's review

informative fast-paced

pixelsnbits's review against another edition

The book offers an accessible overview to attachment theory, although it may be biased towards the anxious style versus the avoidant style.

I found that it resonated personally (I would identify as anxious attachment style) and overall it was reassuring and has helped me with my analysis of past and current relationships, whether they be with friends, family, or partners.

I would recommend this to anyone as a supplement to anyone who may be on a reflective journey. This may provide some closure regarding the past in order to be more present and mindful going forward.

chaotic_wholesome's review

hopeful informative reflective medium-paced

boomcomplains's review against another edition

I'm pretty sure this is just for people who have the anxious attachment style.