Reviews tagging 'Sexual violence'
Fable, by Adrienne Young
lixard's review against another edition
- Plot- or character-driven? Plot
- Strong character development? Yes
- Diverse cast of characters? Yes
- Flaws of characters a main focus? Yes
- fascinating world
- there are very severe consequences and Young doesn't hold back on very violent maiming and murdering
- but simultaneously there is some ya-fantasy-main-character-syndrome hand-waving to explain away some plot points
- i don't Greatly mind but it would've been nice to see complete grittiness and them actually facing problems that they aren't insanely suited towards solving
- im interested in seeing how those not in this industry treat their children? like if they're just a baker's kid, do their parents still neglect and emotionally traumatize them?
- sheepishly, i am kinda more interested in the other characters besides the main 2
Spoilerthe guy fell too fast with 000 interaction and then their buildup was literally only looks and touches. their few conversations were already so tense with "chemistry" that came almost out of nowhere
- where is the sister gonna go after this? how was it like those years she had to stay with her mom before ML came back for her?
- how did the two others meet and end up together and what is the social climate for their relationship?
- their stories just seem more compelling to me without the trope-y ya romance-ness ig
- i also hope for more actual found family and not just smirks and bullying of fable, ouch
I loved her with a love that broke me.
Graphic: Violence, Murder, Injury/injury detail, Abandonment, and Death of parent
Minor: Homophobia and Sexual violence