rnills's review

Only read this for the Star-lord content tbh. The prologue felt Weird. Still kore enjoyable then most of the Annihilation content tho

dsbookie's review

These guys can't catch a break, can they?

So, plot summary: Sentinals are destroying the Kree empire. Starlord (aka Peter Quill), Heather (aka Moondragon, Drax's daughter) and Quasar (aka Phyla-Vell) are saving the Universe with the help of some friends.

We get the origin story for why Peter Quill quit being Starlord which was interesting. He had to kill a world to stop a Herald of Galactus.

I loved seeing the meeting of Groot, Rocket Racoon, and Starlord. I love them in Guardians of the Galaxy, and it's great to see them all as disfunctional and loveable in the comics as they are in the movies.

We were also introduced to Mantis, Captain Universe, Bug, and Shi'ar all of whom I did not know before this comic. They all had to stop an airborne virus beign spread by the Phanlax.

Heather (Moondragon) and Phyla-Vell (Quasar) have to beat an adaptoid working for the Phanlax and is distributing the same virus Starlord and crew had to stop on a Kree planet.

I love that they are a lesbian couple. It is great to see some representation in a popular series.

Moondragon becoming a dragon was epic. And I loved finally getting her whole backstory.

So Moondragon and Quasar had to find the savior, who, of course, is a guy. His name is Adam Warlock who I have no idea who the hell that is. I just wished that it could have been a female as the savior instead of a guy. But hey, it was still good!

Overall, this was a pretty cool comic, and now I have to get the second one.

jaycano's review

Not as good as Annihilation but still good. The Wraith story is not that great and generally the writing is weak in many places. Still better than most Marvel comic series, a really interesting universe, races and cultures.

katytron's review

I only read the four Star-Lord issues, as part of a reading guide for Guardians of the Galaxy (since they just announced the movie). About to read Annihilation: Conquest #1-6, but it's pretty dense!