Every Word You Never Said by Jordon Greene

advoskele's review

I hate third act conflicts that have absolutely no point of being there than to be a third act conflict. Idk felt like it was trying to do and say so much but also said nothing.

asurasantosha's review

emotional lighthearted fast-paced

This is such a cute and enjoyable story. It's not trying to be super complex and despite the enriching inclusion of some difficult themes (homophobia, transphobia, ableism, etc) it has a pretty rose-y attitude. I recommend it if you're looking for so.ething meaningful but light-hearted and sweet.

hannah_sz's review

hopeful inspiring lighthearted fast-paced

luvzbrekker's review

que lindooo

eddie_v714's review against another edition

emotional funny fast-paced

lelevex's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted sad medium-paced

nok8lin's review against another edition

cw: homophobia, bullying, religious homophobic bullying, ableist language

This book was a hard read for me for a few reasons. One of which was Jacob’s dad. Especially in light of the current political climate. I have family members that remind me of his dad and have said a lot of the same things his dad said. I feel like the author did a good job portraying what christianity and christian nationalists feel like right now.

Sky’s insecurities felt unbelievable because there wasn’t enough context to justify how he breaks things off with Jacob. Jacob’s hesitancy to label things even in his own mind was really frustrating to read even though I can understand how he might be feeling those feelings as I was raised in a family similar to his.

I could NOT STAND how Jacob kept correcting himself about how Siri wasn’t Sky’s voice. Not just once but multiple times!! Or course that was his voice. Just like deaf people have a voice. Just like blind people can read. The ableist language was extremely disappointing and off putting, especially because it was never corrected and pointed out as being ableist.

Overall the writing felt choppy and didn’t flow very well in opinion. I was so excited about this book and I really wanted to love it cause I love that Sky was non-verbal, and shy, and enjoyed wearing skirts. All the art that goes with it was freaking precious. It just didn’t do it for me and I’m really disappointed after being so hyped up for this book.

aarni's review against another edition

dnf

at page 36. I just fucking can't. This is horrendously written. It was nice to have a nonverbal MC, but that doesn't stop him from being a brat and the supposed love interest is just casually ableist. Yet there is instalove.

Uh.
huh??

also it is so unbearably offensive to have lgbtq+ characters who act like their sexuality is their entire personality. So fucking cringeworthy. Skimmed the rest to see if it gets any better and nah, it doesn't.

black0wizard's review

hopeful lighthearted slow-paced

katiebookqueen's review against another edition

this just wasn’t pulling me in the way i wanted it too 🥲