Dust & Decay by Jonathan Maberry

heathercottledillon's review against another edition

I love this series! It has a great characters and a perfect combination of heart and zombie-slaying action. I like that it's more complicated than men fighting zombies--in these books, the zombies are often far from the most dangerous things facing the main characters. There's a surprise at the end that sets up the next book in the series well.

yodamom's review against another edition

Well that was exhausting ! Intense action, horror filled pages, with a spark of love. This book had much more zombie action than book one. I thoroughly enjoyed it, well except towards the end when my heart cracked and I cried my heart out

abaugher's review against another edition

another awesome installment in this super zombie saga. zombies, bounty hunters, and someone who reminds a few of the characters of old Charlie Pinkeye. And a few more ordinary people become warriors.

jeannelynne24's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional fast-paced

c_dmckinney's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional hopeful sad tense fast-paced

brianne_k's review against another edition

So good, yet the ending.. ugh.
I am so sad that my favourite character was killed..

word_wandering's review against another edition

dark emotional tense fast-paced

sunsoar25's review against another edition

It took me a minute to get back in the story since it had been so long but that was good. I can't wait to finally catch up on the rest.

4saradouglas's review against another edition

This series is so much more than it seems on the surface. A coworker was telling me about some LBJ biography he read this summer and asked me what I've been reading. When I told him I've been reading about zombies he gave me the strangest look. Alright, I know a book about zombies probably sounds childish and like it will be a waste of time, but really it's not. Maberry really delves in deep and there is so much to think about... ethics, morality, friendship, sanity. He covers it all so well. My only complaint about this one is that it ends so close (geographically) from where it began and I came in it expecting an epic journey. Give me book number three!!

queenie_literary2022's review against another edition