Foolish Hearts, by Emma Mills

naominaomi's review

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

Gideon is my favourite!

naominaomi's review against another edition

Oh my freaking goodness. I absolutely loved this book. Can I say new favourite author?? All of these characters have my heart. Especially my newest book love, Gideon. Although I won't steal him from Claude. They are both so precious and I wish I knew them in real life. What a freaking amazing book. My heart was bursting the whole time. So much loveeeeee.

kielirose's review against another edition

This book was good don't get me wrong on that, but the theatre Etiquette was all wrong. There is no situation where a stage hand would teach actors lines it's just not heard of. Other than very cringe moments in theatre this book was very good!!

kcbooks's review against another edition

Oh my gosh.. I’m soooo in love with this book. All the characters are amazing and pretty relatable. I was surprised by Gideon. Honestly I was excepting him to be a typical player, jerk. But he was the complete opposite and I love that. Actually I just love everything about this book. Great first read of the year!

books_and_cream_cheese's review against another edition

Laughed and cried, the perfect not-too-deep read that feels like a cozy movie in word form. Although some parts of the ending felt a bit rushed, it's fucking brilliant and apparently now one of my favourite books.

jessica_777's review against another edition

Emma Mills...you’ve done it again. I feel so happy and squishy.

evcrvale's review against another edition

finished this last night but i didnt update because i was supposed to buddy read with sam but she's not even halfway done so anyways i love this book its so cute i needed a break from depressing shit. claudia and gideon got me all soft and i love love love the friendships between the characters. my favorite character is probably iris she's an icon

dzibmoni's review against another edition

Sometimes you just need a non-problematic contemporary YA.
Mostly I loved the friendships, women supporting women and a really sweet male friendship.
Also, a MC into computer games? Amazing.

hotsexyandinareadingslump's review against another edition

i’ve read worse YA romance novels, this one wasn’t awful but it was not my favorite. gideon is adorable, i’m in love with iris and noah is perfect. claudia is mediocre. she got better in the end. julia & zoe’s characters made the book more enjoyable. overall pretty good prob won’t read again not a fave

ariereads's review against another edition

YA tends to fall into two categories for me - those that transcend their intended audience, and are just as readable at any age, and those that don't. One is not better than the other, necessarily, just that the further I get away from my teens the less certain stories seem to resonate.

Or maybe it's just that I've been there, lived that, no need to go back thanks.

On that note, this is a super adorable, super sweet, almost entirely pain-less/drama free (suprising, considering the premise) wee story, but it sits firmly in the second category for me.

(That cover is a thing of pure beauty though)