The Ex Talk, by Rachel Lynn Solomon

thesunqueen's review against another edition

pretty cute, easy read. 3.5 stars

blueiris315's review

funny hopeful medium-paced

katieladyreads's review

This was a lot of fun & had me laughing out loud. Basically an NPR-themed Rom-Com for millennials #westan

katieladyreads's review against another edition

pretty_petty's review

funny hopeful lighthearted reflective medium-paced

sara_phoenix's review

funny lighthearted medium-paced
  • Loveable characters? N/A

In an effort to step out of my comfort zone and try something new, I picked The Ex Talk by Rachel Lynn Solomon. Contemporary romance is a new genre for me, and although this book won't be on my all-time-favorites list, it was a quick, light read. Shay Goldstein has been a Seattle public radio producer for the past 10 years; Dominic Yun is her foil and new to radio after completing his Masters in Journalism at Northwestern. The tension between them escalates when Shay has an idea for a show about relationships where they play exes. The book is somewhat predictable - of course they fall for each other - but the characters are likable, and it's a nice play on the enemies-to-lovers trope. If you like lighthearted reads, witty banter, steamy bedroom scenes, and a quick read, The Ex Talk is for you.

xyloxie's review

lighthearted fast-paced

Gave me exactly what I needed. I wanted a light-hearted read and well written enemies-to-lovers banter. Rachel Lynn Solomon knows how to write that with really good spice mixed in. As usual, I love how she writes male protagonists. Dominic is absolutely bae. She also knows how to write grand gestures, and this book GAVE. Doesn't feel like a 5, but definitely good.

jennwith2ns's review

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

I want so badly to give this 4 whole stars but I think it's barely there at 3.75. I really enjoyed this and loved Dominic as a love interest (a necessary component for me to even considering finishing a romance) but I felt like part of the conflict about 80% of the way in was unnecessary. I was like this is just annoying haha but that final declaration 😍😍😍

marysaou's review

lighthearted fast-paced

A solid rom-com that will tug at the heart of any NPR/podcast junkie. A total delight to read!

cautioner86's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective tense fast-paced