Meet Me in the Penalty Box by Cali Melle

abbeymartin's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

vanillestokje's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

rida_book_'s review against another edition

2.5 ⭐️

Wasn’t horrible. Wasn’t great.

Would I pick up something else from this author? Maybe. When I’m more in the mood to read something nice and fluffy lol

bwadell's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

headcanonheadcase's review against another edition

2.5 rounded up to 3.

This was recommended to me by a friend, and while I eventually found it enjoyable, this book had such a rocky start, I hesitate to recommend it. The chemistry between Harper and Nico took a major nosedive after the prologue. Nico came across as way too arrogant for the first third of the book, which included their first encounter. I almost DNFed but then Nico called his sister and his character went from being one-dimensional to the leading man. I just wish that phone call had happened earlier.

mysticalblaise's review against another edition

This is the first book in the Orchid City series. One sexy encounter at a club ends up being a blessing and a curse for Nico Cirrone, star rookie of the Orchid City Vipers hockey team, and Harper Jensen, the team's new official photographer.

chamm_chamm's review against another edition

lighthearted fast-paced

cfezzi's review against another edition

Got to like 28% and just not into it!!

c_marie_writes's review against another edition

Another new ro me author, and I didn't love it as much as I'd hoped. I didn't dislike it, I just feel like it moved too quickly without getting character development.

Harper and Nico meet in a chance encounter in a bar and get pretty hot and heavy until they get broken up by a fire alarm. And he can't get her out of his mind... and she ends up working with him at her new job photographing for his hockey team.

The characters basically fell in love instantly, and there could have been more background and depth to them. Thank goodness I didn't make a drinking game out of the number of times he called her "love"...

micslibrary's review against another edition

Picked this up on the last Stuff your Kindle day and liked it!l. Felt a little unrealistic and dramatic at times and wasn’t really connected to either of the main characters.