Lady Midnight, by Cassandra Clare

ptsungirl's review

"There is a difference between having your heart break and having your soul shatter."

casserz66's review against another edition

I've really missed CC's writing ❤

fixatedonfiction's review against another edition

I enjoyed this book in the Shadow Hunter world! I liked our main character and the storyline. The ending though is heartbreaking. This trilogy is currently on par with my favorite trilogy in the shadow hunter world, we will see. I also think I was meant to read things between The Mortal Instrument series and this trilogy, I will catch up eventually.

maricat12's review against another edition

I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EMOTIONS.
I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT.
IT WAS AMAZING.
I JUST.
OH MY GOD.
I'LL TRY TO WRITE AN IN DEPTH REVIEW.
CASSANDRA, YOU DID IT AGAIN.
MY OH MY, I FREAKING LOVE THIS BOOK I WANT TO READ IT ALL OVER AGAIN.
I NEED LORD OF SHADOWS!!!

kcorboha's review against another edition

DNF at 65%

Kept reading and reading, yet it seemed like nothing really happened in the span that I read for...which was more than half the book, by the way :/ Disappointed

drink4horror's review against another edition

4.5 stars

lgllyblonde88's review against another edition

I can't believe it took me this long to read this book, but life got in the way. Cassandra Clare absolutely slayed with this book. I was so impressed that she took something so small as a poem and made it into a complete and amazing shadowhunter story. I love the characters in this book, Emma and all the Blackthorns and I love that we get a glimpse into the lives of other beloved characters from TMI and TID, I love seeing what is going on with them. This was filled with action and while I guessed some of the things that happened, it still kept me intrigued...I did not however see the complete surprise towards the very end, in no way did I think that character would lead to such a huge discovery. I can't wait to see what happens next at the L.A. Institute...too bad it isn't next year already lol. If you enjoy the shadowhunter world, this is an absolute must read, but please do yourself a favor and finish every other shadowhunter tale first, it will greatly help. Once again, I am so impressed by Cassandra , her writing just keeps getting better and better!

romanticdeception's review against another edition

I may be 29 but I still want to be a Shadowhunter.

I loved this so much, more than I expected. It made me nostalgic and miss being in this world so much. All the references to old events, past characters and even those characters showing up, it made my heart SOAR!

This book does definitely work as a standalone but I couldn’t recommend reading all the books before it enough. I feel like you won’t have a true appreciation for it all if you skipped past books.

THE CHARACTERS. It’s all I want to gush about. Julian? Good lord. We have a teenage boy who had to grow up at lighting pace, not only being a parent but running the LA Institute. Emma? I love her as much as I love Tessa. She’s a blonde bombshell badass and her fierce need to protect people she loves is relatable. Cristina? My fellow Latina, heyyyyy. I can’t wait for this series to expand even more on her. I love the relationship she’s built with Mark. And Mark? I find him as swoon worthy as I do Julian. THEN THE KIDS?!?! They must be protected at ALL costs.

Did not expect half of the twist and turns in this book and I’m left wanting to fling myself into the abyss.

jaciherondale's review against another edition

This book. Just this book. I gave me everything I wanted but in a way which wants me to cry and laugh and throw it against a wall. Srsly. Just read it and enjoy a ride with a lot of surprises and THAN WAIT FOT THE SECOND. I WANT IT NOW.

effiefrag's review against another edition

I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T