sonjak28's review against another edition

funny hopeful informative medium-paced

modesty_vdl's review against another edition

funny hopeful informative inspiring fast-paced

kalea_clayton's review against another edition

informative medium-paced

foundeasily's review against another edition

The commentary portions of this are pretty liberal and very apologetic about it's promotion of socialist policies. Plus there's some just basics of what socialism is, most of it, also, apologetic. But the actual history and information shared, especially about the title issues, as well as general gender policies in former 'socialist' countries are pretty interesting and useful to consider. Overall worth having gotten through but there were definitely eye rolls within.

libbyajt's review against another edition

Most importantly reclaim your time, emotional energy, and self-worth from the reductive logic of capitalism. You are not a commodity. Your depression and anxiety are not just chemical imbalances in your brain, but reasonable responses to a system that thrives on dehumanization.

Relationships are a political issue too. We must push back at the dominant ideology that mangles our social bonds into nodes of economic exchange. We can share our attentions without quantifying their value. Giving and receiving, rather than buying and selling.

kaceymarie's review against another edition

informative medium-paced

machete_reads's review against another edition

informative medium-paced

catriona_v's review against another edition

informative inspiring reflective medium-paced