Druid's Sword, by Sara Douglass

ryner's review

In this final book in Douglass' Troy Game series Jack, Noah and their friends are living in London under the German air raids of WWII. After millennia of living only to complete the Troy Game, the terrible reality of its true nature compels them to destroy it. However, they are stymied with the realization that Noah and Weyland's daughter Grace's fate is tied to that of The Game -- she will also be destroyed. A pale, mysterious woman offers a dangerous alternative which will also risk Grace's life but is their only hope.

Reading the first three books in the series, starting with Hades' Daughter, is an absolute must. Although I did, the series never felt fully coherent to me -- there are many characters, who change identities during four different time periods, to keep track of, as well as the myriad plot details having to do with The Game itself. I did not come away feeling that I truly understood The Game, which detracted from my overall satisfaction upon finishing. As does the rest of the series, this book suffers from awful cover art.

katiekat's review

I tried this series because I liked the Wayfarer Redemption books so much, and I have to say I enjoy basically all of the books by Sara Douglass.

bookishfifi's review

An incredibly strong finish to an amazing quartet, Ms Douglass' books are intricately detailed and engage you from start to finish. Quite sad I've finished this set of books as I have loved everything she's written.

Now patiently waiting the release of Devil's Diadem, billed as alternate history and exactly my sort of book.