In the Ravenous Dark, by A.M. Strickland

elyana's review

2.5 stars maybe?? I'm still undecided

tinybookwitch's review

adventurous dark funny mysterious tense medium-paced

aliasesgarble's review

adventurous dark emotional funny medium-paced

octobertune's review against another edition

Thank you NetGalley and Hodder & Stoughton for the review copy!

Oh wow, I really enjoyed this rollercoaster ride of a book. About halfway through the book some thing started happening and I knew I just had to sit down and FINISH this book.
SpoilerAlso I'd like to take this moment to say I appreciate the way the main relationship(s) in this book went. I was kind of scared it was gonna be the typical love triangle stuff that I'm 'used to' in YA books but this went a completely different direction and I LOVED it

One thing I do have to say, though, is that I think that this book could have been a bit longer in order to flesh out the last couple of chapters a bit more. I felt that the final battle was kind of rushed and maybe if the book had been longer (or even if the book had been split in half and it had been made into a duology) it would have been a bit nicer.
SpoilerSome of the things that happened in that battle went by way too fast - someone would die and I'd barely have time to react before something else would happen. I know that's how things happen in real battles but still... the whole part just felt rushed.

bookishzoe's review

WOW WOW WOW
I started this book while on a reading slump and I finished it completely out of it and with a new favorite read!!!!

This books was just EVERYTHING. wonderful and original magic system, amazing characters that made me fell in love, ROMANCE, gorgeous representation!!!

It was just WAY MORE than I could ever expect.
And the found family trope had me IN TEARS at the end. THIS IS MY NEW FAMILY NOW

kayleypew's review

adventurous dark emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

monstergirlreading's review

adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious medium-paced

annarella's review against another edition

Ok, let's be clear: this is a great fantasy book.
It's dark, gritty at times and highly entertaining.
A stand-alone story featuring great characters, a very interesting world building a plot that kept me hooked.
The author is a talented storyteller and delivers an excellent story.
It's the first book I read by this author and won't surely be the last.
I would be happy to read other books featuring this world.
Highly recommended.
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine

kib423's review

Fun if you don't take it too seriously.

lorelywrites's review against another edition

2.5/3 ⭐️

I dnfed this book - I so so did not want to as it started SO strong and the magic system is so cool and interesting but too much info dumping, explanations of the info dumping and analysis of events we have witnessed occur and not enough on events we did not see occur. Such a shame