Much Ado About You, by Samantha Young

carlsish's review

Spoiler!
The worst thing about finding out about a man that’s as mutually infatuated with you is that he’s younger and very rich? Must be tough.

gingerspice's review

I enjoyed this book. It was a light and a cute feel good story. Roane is major book boyfriend vibes! I liked the premise of the book and all of the characters! I did find Evie to be a little dramatic in the end but overall I enjoyed the story.

meghan's review

lighthearted medium-paced

ralpal's review

Don't like the writing at all

bookilydo's review against another edition

Anglophile book nerds will love the setting and premise of this light-hearted romance.

Evie is an American discontented with her career and love life who decides to take a holiday to find herself. She ends up renting an apartment above a book shop in Northumbria and running the bookshop, too.

Roane is a sensitive, hot country farmer with a seriously adorable pooch. I'm a sucker for Great Danes, and this one is awesome.

This book has a great cast of characters with a couple of side plots. There is one steamy scene, but it is otherwise pretty tame with plenty of smoldering looks. The main conflict was a bit predictable, but still a fun ride.

I enjoyed this read and would recommend it to a friend!

bookswithagemini's review

This was so cute and cozy idk what you have to say about it. It was so good and Evie was living the dream over in England IMO. I’m jealousssss. Don’t get me wrong I definitely got annoyed at many parts but it was just too cute.

readinglarva's review

A beautiful book

'Books were my solace, my escape.'

'Didn't we all sometimes wish we were the opposite of what we were.'

'There are people you meet in life whom you just connect with'

'I knew then that the idea of Soulmates wasn’t just a romantic notion. I knew that people could find a soumate in a friend.'

'I can't explain my love for words, not well anyway, They're like a golden sunset across
a tranquil sea viewed from a rundown shack.
They can even turn most ordinary of feelings and thoughts into poetry'

'Before you come up with excuses not to do it, can i ask if you WANT to do it.'

'I wish you'd do something to make me like you a little less.'

'Do not ever apologise for liking who you are, it's a beautiful mindset.'

“I don’t want you, or anyone, to wake up in ten, twenty years’ time, and wonder what could have been. Such benign little words – ‘what if’. But at some point in life, those two words become the scariest two words in the English language.”

jessicafulton's review

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

cgbart's review

This was fun! A bit frustrating once I figured out what the ~big drama~ would be, but it was eventually resolved and I can't lie, I hope Young writes a follow up based on the two people mentioned in the epilogue because I for one would welcome it.

gmd316's review

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted reflective medium-paced

Some weirdly out of touch content (a thirty something year old dating over Snapchat?) but overall good