Falls Boys, by Penelope Douglas

sequoiavink's review

adventurous dark funny hopeful medium-paced

callywog's review

Several parts of this book were a mess in my opinion, especially the first 4-5 chapters; Not well written and hard for me to figure out what was going on.
There are so many strange names, side characters and side stories to keep track of.
This was adventurous, suspenseful, and mysterious with some great sex scenes-Love a virgin trope. 4🔥
Spoiler when they finally have sex and aro says, “Hawk, you’re fucking me” and he replies, “hold on. It’s my first time.” That was…. I don’t even know what that was.

nickiinbookland's review against another edition

It’s so great to be back in this world!
Reading a Penelope Douglas book is like curling up with a heated blanket and having all of the snacks.

They always write an incredibly intriguing story. Falls Boys follows Hawke and Aro. Hawke is Jax and Juliet’s son from the Fall away series. Aro is from Weston - the other side of the falls. There is an ongoing rivalry between Weston and the Falls Boys.

Hawke gets caught up with Aro after she fails to succeed in picking up money she is owed. This propels them into a forced proximity situation where they both have to hole up in the Carnival Tower. I don’t want to say anything more in fear of spoiling. But let me tell you… that the enemies to friends to lovers trope worked very well for me. The tension was next level. We also got to see such vulnerability play out between these two. I loved their relationship so much! And the CAMEOS?!?! Loved every second of seeing a few familiar faces. Leaving me to speculate on some future pairings. This was a great start to this next generation.

Special love for Pen’s author note at the end. Make sure you read for a deeper perspective and understanding of their mindset behind the storytelling.

paigemarkham's review against another edition

I liked this book a lot, it was definitely not what I was expecting based off of the recs I got for it! It was definitely still good! I have not read any other books from this world which made some parts very confusing and it was a little bit hard to get into a first for some reason but I had the cheesiest goofiest grin on my face for probably 80% of the book so I would say that is a book well read! There is some spice not an overwhelming amount but just a sprinkle!

jay__'s review against another edition

adventurous mysterious tense fast-paced

wendi_10's review against another edition

dark emotional funny inspiring lighthearted mysterious reflective sad tense fast-paced

I loved it!! It’s was such a super cute read but also very mysterious 🧐

kamboivin's review against another edition

4.3 stars ✨

mommakj15's review

adventurous funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

Loved this! Loved reading about the kids. Hawke reminds me of his father and I love it. I was such a huge fan of Jaxson.
Hawke and aro are perfect for each other.
This book gave me west side story/outsiders  vibes.
Bad girl/good guy
And I love it and want more!

I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

maggiespirit's review against another edition

HAWKE AND ARO MY LOVES

mercyme's review against another edition

3.5* arohawke are willemmy coded kinda