picture_pretty_books's review against another edition

funny lighthearted

silverneurotic's review against another edition

funny informative lighthearted reflective fast-paced

andylizing's review against another edition

funny informative lighthearted reflective medium-paced

pawsitivelybookish's review

emotional funny informative inspiring lighthearted medium-paced

emilycase15's review against another edition

Only reason that this did not get five stars is because a lot of the book is in the podcast. As an avid Office Ladies Podcast listener, a lot of the stories were on past episodes, but in this book they were a bit more in-depth. It was like listening to an extended version of the podcast and I loved it! This book made me laugh and tear up. Highly recommend!

allison_owen's review

funny informative lighthearted medium-paced

mooncrab's review against another edition

I never thought I could be so bored by a book about the least-boring show ever made. As others have reviewed, the book is basically the same as the podcast. Even the niche stories repeat themselves in the text. I liked the pictures of course but they really could’ve used captions. Ultimately I did not walk away from this book with any new gleanings at all. The material from the chapters Death Bus & An Epic Finale will certainly be broken down in future podcast episodes so the newish knowledge doesn’t feel overly exclusive. I found myself groaning my way through every chapter and skimming a lot without missing anything vital. Jenna and Angela write like they speak which is fine but not riveting. The editing is not great; it feels like someone just gave it a once-over the clicked publish. Overall I’m glad I read this because I have been curious about it, but am even more glad that it’s over and I don’t have to read it again.

jadebarone's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring lighthearted fast-paced

lluciferxo's review against another edition

emotional funny inspiring lighthearted reflective fast-paced

cj_mo_2222's review against another edition

I usually read fiction, but this book has been one of my favorites of the year. I enjoy The Office, but would consider myself a casual fan, but I love this book. I can only imagine how much diehard fans of the show will like it.

I really like Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey's honest and humorous writing style and the insider's look at the making of the show, the cast, and certain episodes. There are great photos of the cast both on and off the set. They also talk about important moments in their friendship and their lives outside of "The Office." Some of these sections are so touching and are just as important to the story as the information about the show. I would highly recommend this book.