The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang

ariannasreads's review against another edition

i really loved this book. i loved anna and quan and was so happy he finally got a love story. their love story was cute. but man, anna annoyed me at times, i was like wtf girl

jannereads's review against another edition

Wow that one kinda hurt.. but in a good way

lolloreads00's review against another edition

After spending years together building a future together Anna is expecting a proposal only to find out her boyfriend wants an open relationship instead. If he can sleep around so should she, right?
Sounds easy enough, download some dating apps and hook up with a few men no strings attached. One night she meets Quan and it’s safe to say their evening didn’t go as planned. The two continue hanging out but have a lot of personal issues to work thru before possibly getting together.

This is the final book in the series and unfortunately it’s also my least favorite, although still a solid 4⭐️ read. It’s so emotional and I wasn’t quite ready for it when I picked it up. TW: anxiety, panic attacks, ableism, emotional abuse, depression, su**dial thoughts, death. The latter was the one that got me, Anna was forced into taking care of a family member around the clock. I can’t even imagine how difficult that must have been especially in the mental state she was in at the time.

Although there’s a lot of positives to. Both main characters gets to shine in their own unique way, I always love that in Huangs writing. The dual pov, amount of spice, recurring characters and the ending is amazing as well.

kpiccs's review against another edition

emotional hopeful inspiring reflective

quinnster's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful medium-paced

I don't read many romances. I've read more romance books this year than I have in the last two years or more combined. And now I've been spoiled by Talia Hibbert and Helen Hoang. I really love these books. It was fun to see characters from The Kiss Quotient, but also discovering something about yourself that makes all the pieces of your life fall into place was relatable. And Quan's vulnerability was so incredibly honest and refreshing. I hope there's more coming!

jessicastewart's review

emotional sad medium-paced

I love this book so much. It was so much sadder than I expected it to be and I would recommend checking the content warnings before reading. Anna and Quan’s love story is so raw and real and I would recommend reading it 100 times over <3

isabelax's review

challenging dark emotional hopeful inspiring reflective sad tense fast-paced

suyi's review against another edition

dark emotional reflective tense medium-paced

amandajt11's review against another edition

emotional lighthearted medium-paced

missanthropyknits's review against another edition

Totally cried at the end. Well, in the denouement anyway. Mother-daughter dynamic really gets to me.