emilyhays's review

This was good. Not super amazing, and I'm not the biggest fan of the illustrations. I'm not positive if I'll continue reading the trades or not. I liked the voices and the plot though.

amythebookbat's review

The artwork was really good and the story compelling enough to draw me in and make me read volumes 1 and 2 back to back, non-stop and into the wee hours of the morning.

moonpie's review

Rabbit was very excited to borrow After Life from her school library and told me I should read it. I've never read a Doctor Who comic before; the stories in here felt like watching mini-episodes, and I thought Eleven (the last Doctor I've watched) was perfectly in character.

The art was meh for the most part, and there seemed to be issues drawing Matt Smith's face. But Alice made up for it. I liked her a lot. A couple of the issues in this volume were better than the rest, but it was a fun way to while away a little time.

squidbag's review

Well-drawn and fun, with a very realistically created complement of companions, and set between Amy and Rory's initial departure and "Asylum of the Daleks." The various stories have an intertwining thread that links them together, and a distinctive, floppy Eleven sort of feel.

esperata's review

I didn't always like the artwork style but there were good ideas and themes here, especially on the nature of the Doctor's companions. However, being a library assistant myself, I loved the new companion's attitude. Particularly her constant correcting of the Doctor when he called her a librarian.

jamietherebelliousreader's review

3 stars. I really liked the first two issues in this five issue bind up. The rest unfortunately, fell incredibly short for me.

The artwork was decent, I didn't really care for the way Matt Smith is drawn but the rest of the characters and surroundings were pretty good. I liked the companion, Alice, a lot. She was such an interesting character and I felt like the first few pages that introduce her were done beautifully and automatically had me hooked. I also loved how her and the Doctor first met and their first adventure together. The pages with the flashback of her as a child with her mom were also handled really well.

The Doctor was the Doctor pretty much. Gotta love him. He carried over his same humor from the show so that was a plus.

Like I said, the first two issues are definitely worth a read and I think you'll enjoy it if you're a massive Whovian.