American Girl, by Wendy Walker

gabbigereau's review

The ending was underwhelming, but I enjoyed Charlie's character, as well as the web of secondary characters.

lorepanda's review

givnuapeacesign's review

Charlie is a seventeen year old girl with extremely high functioning Asperger’s. She is a math wiz who has been accepted to MIT. To raise the money to go, she applies for scholarships and works as many hours as possible at Triple S, the local sandwich shop which is owned by Coop, a slimy proprietor who owns most of the town. Charlie does not feel close to her real family but thoroughly embraces her work family aside from Coop. When Coop ends up murdered and Charlie appears on CC TV footage, things get complicated. This audiobook was included with my Audible membership.

raimy_rose's review

geauxgetlit's review

humansreading's review

I sometimes struggle with paying attention with audiobooks but this one was really captivating because of the dramatic aspects of it, where we got the voices of several characters. It was almost like those old time radio soaps.

ookyspooky's review

mysterious medium-paced

klmatranga's review

Honestly I tried to get through this one but the story and narrator had me bored. I couldn’t push through nor did I want to.

booknallnight's review

This is a slow burn mystery. Not really a Thriller although marketed as one.  It's definitely interesting and engaging and the narrator was great.

I especially love that the main character is autistic and we get a real and up close look at how that plays into her ability to figure out the crime...and then some.

I loved the twists and turns in this one and recommend for those who love this type of read.

bookish_nurse_megs's review