Never Rescue a Rogue, by Virginia Heath

funny relaxing medium-paced

katrinaward's review

adventurous mysterious tense medium-paced

kenzwils's review

2.5. I wanted to love this :( I loved the first one, but this book felt directionless and vaguely disjointed for much of it. It also seemed like Heath was writing about all the intrigue and then would suddenly remember she was writing a romance and would be like “but through all this he couldn’t stop thinking about Diana” and we were supposed to take that as organic development of their relationship. It was definitely still fun and had sweet, swoony moments, but it didn’t feel entirely cohesive for me.

tatecochran's review

An absolutely hysterical historical romance! Great
chemistry and family dynamics., A very underrated series that I highly recommend!

readingwithtay's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

This is the second book in the Merriwell Sisters trilogy. I enjoyed the plot of this one. Enjoyed Diana as a main character more than I enjoyed Minerva. My favorite character in this book was Vee though so I’m very excited to read her story. I felt like this is a book that is forgettable though, there was nothing to really connect my to the characters. The ending resolution was too abrupt. I felt like we could have used another chapter or two to show how the resolution works out.  Thank you to Netgalley and St. Martins Griffin for the e-arc. I am voluntarily leaving a review.

meg_prenian's review against another edition

funny lighthearted

letmollyread's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful lighthearted mysterious medium-paced

Diana and Giles have always shared a witty banter that looks like shared disdain, but their closest relations truly believe the two would make a perfect match. However, they couldn’t be more different - he is the son of a Duke and loves lavish parties. Diana was been raised in a tough neighborhood, and though she is now living in Mayfair with family, her true passion is moonlighting with a newspaper. When Giles’ father suddenly passes, leaving him the newest Duke of Harpenden, he turns to Diana and her expert sleuthing to get to the bottom of a secret that has been haunting him for years.

Diana may be one of my favorite historical romance heroines! She is as smart as can be, loyal to a fault, and determined to hold on to whatever freedom she can grasp. Giles is lovely and funny, and his obvious goading of Diana is a clear sign he is infatuated. The whole book was just enjoyable! A great slowburn with an intriguing mystery, and characters I really loved! I hope we see youngest sister Vee’s love story in the next book!

Thank you to NetGalley, St. Martin’s Press, and the author for the opportunity to read and review this book!

rebsmonteiro's review