The Exile, by Diana Gabaldon

jgoins's review

Interesting to read a graphic from the beginning of the Outlander series. This is a new take on an old tale, with a new spin.

Claire is way too busty, but Gabaldon addresses this herself in the end notes. It's like they're babies again after knowing them as long as we have.

mad_eleine_c's review

adventurous funny lighthearted fast-paced

womanofbalnain's review

Terrible but pretty. I have a hard time believing Diana Gabaldon actually wrote this, but she says she did in the afterward. It jumps around quite a lot and unless you're a die-hard fan, it adds nothing to the story, even being 'Jamie's side of the story.' There's nothing new to it at all which was super disappointing.

roxana1989's review

Very quick summary of the actual novels, I think I prefer the Same Heugan adaptation of Jamie Fraser but I would react this to anyone who is interested in reading Outlander without being committed to 600+ pages.

skaurgo's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny medium-paced

maryanne19's review

The Outlander series is my favorite book series ever. However, the graphic novel just did not do it for me. I found the format hard to follow. And, I was more than a little disturbed by Claire's boobs. They seemed to be larger than life and at constant risk of exposure. LOL

camelot565's review

Great companion to the series.

melissa_k_elliott's review

adventurous

invisibleninjacat's review

Lovely addition to the Outlander series! The art was beautiful as well! It was a little difficult to tell the men apart sometimes, but context clues saved the day.

miss_holly_readsalot's review

This is not for someone unfamiliar with the novels. For fans of the series, it's fun to see an envisioning of favorite characters and scenes, but the plot was very spotty and would be hard to follow if you didn't already know what was going on. Also, I had a hard time keeping track of which character was which when they all looked and dressed so similarly.

But Jamie & Claire... yum.