A Quick & Easy Guide to Asexuality by Molly Muldoon

sabsabal's review against another edition

informative fast-paced

constant_reader's review

informative fast-paced

pip_dolyn's review

informative inspiring lighthearted fast-paced

raix's review

informative lighthearted fast-paced

Just as it says, a very quick basic guide. I found that it did a good job of introducing the basics of the ace/aro spectrum and the differences between attraction and behaviour without getting confusing or sounding wishy-washy. Gives a good jumping off point and vocabulary for people who want to learn more about the topic.

bhrtng's review

I've read a variety of materials about the ace experience and this one is one of my favorites! It very briefly goes over all the basics while still keeping the reader interested and well informed. While I might recommend something a little more in depth to follow up for interested readers, this is perfect for the casual inquirer. It's clear and concise enough for both allies and ace people to enjoy and learn something. If you only read one book about asexuality, this little quick and easy guide is the one to read!

auntieerrica's review

This book was a surprise find at my library. I realized I am asexual biromantic a couple of years ago, but finding helpful information on the asexual spectrum that I understand has been difficult. A Quick & Easy Guide to Asexuality is a cross between graphic novel and informational pamphlet. While shorter than I would have liked, the book helped explain what I felt, why I felt it, and what it means. I also used quotes from the graphic novel to explain asexuality to my family and why their comments of disbelief over the years were hurtful. I immensely enjoyed this book and strongly recommend it to anyone who either feels they are asexual and anyone who is curious about the unique sexual identity and wants to learn more.
Molly Muldoon and Will Hernandez are the perfect pair to illustrate, literally, the asexual spectrum. Brava and bravo!

stephlo's review

Exactly what it says it is, this book is a quick & easy intro to asexuality. If you’re already familiar with asexuality beyond stereotypes, this information probably won’t be very new to you, but I found it pretty informative for something so brief and fun to read. I’m new to the graphic novel world but this was a great start for me, and I would definitely recommend this to basically anyone.

There was some nuance that was missed regarding the ace spectrum but I truly can’t complain when it wasn’t meant to be in depth and clearly states that. I also appreciated how it had a section at the beginning about who should read it, content warnings (beyond just a word or two), etc.

saracat's review

First, I want to thank Oni Press and NetGalley for giving me free access to this title in exchange for an honest review.

As someone who already knows about asexuality, there were times where the book felt a little repetitive. But, I think if a reader is not familiar with asexuality, the seemingly repetitive parts are confirming and clearing up possible misunderstandings.

The dialogue style of the book makes what the authors are conveying even more approachable. In addition, their way of wording questions and answers posed within the book gives the sense that they are open to good faith questions from people who want to understand better.

I definitely recommend this as a resource for anyone who either hasn't heard of asexuality or does not yet know much about it.

loganslovelylibrary's review

This book covers what asexuality is, how different people identify with it, misconceptions, and representation in culture and society. It did this through a conversational style comic, which featured really lovely illustrations that were easy to read and follow!! This comic was extremely validating for all people to read, even if you’re not asexual. Highly recommend for everyone :)

rebeshelton's review

This is the book I needed when I first came to learn about asexuality! It's short, sweet, and simple. When I was first "coming out" to people, I wish I had had this guide to help me explain some of the misconceptions that I was still learning myself. Overall, I think this is a really valuable resource for everyone, ace or not!