kintha's review

I'm not going to give this one a star rating, as it's impossible to separate my feelings about the comic from my self-directed frustration of having accidentally returned it to the library and then having to wait a week to get it back.

the_graylien's review

Firstly, if you guys read my reviews, you can go back to my review for volume one of 52 for a sort of overview of my thoughts of the concept of this series.

This volume lost a little of the steam that I felt volume one had going for it. Some of the stories we read from the first one begin to intertwine, some drop off, and new ones begin in this chapter of what is a year-long examination of a DCU bereft of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

There are still a lot of appearances of awesome characters from the DCU that we don't often get to see. I myself was excited to see characters like Firestorm, Martian Manhunter, and the Black Marvel family. The Dad's lesser characters such as these hold a certain fascination for me for some reason.

This was still a great, fun book to read with myriad characters being written by the best scribes in the business and brought to life by a multitude of amazing artists but, in my opinion, the first volume was better. Let's see what happens in volume three.

linm's review

adventurous funny fast-paced

depreydeprey's review

Doesn't really live up to the promise of 52 Vol. 1

While still interesting Vol. 2 relies more on kitsch than the creepy substance of the first 13 weeks.

magnetgrrl's review

The story is breaking down even further for me in volume 2 of this series. I'm unhappy with the lack of development in the storyline with Montoya and the Question and I could really care less about what's going on with that whole implausible "two American detectives in a Middle Eastern country solving international crimes!" plot, let alone the crazy Black Adam/Isis story. I'm assuming Booster Gold's story will make more sense soon... the other stories I am less interested in on the whole, not being as familiar with the characters. The guy with the robots is kind of cool, though.

captainsparklefists's review

I continue to like the Renee Montoya/Vic Sage as well as the Booster Gold story, the others, however ... not so much. I'm considering just skipping the other stories in the next volume.

ruthbrarian's review

Another excellent issue. This series seems to be very well-constructed and planned out. Worried about the Black Marvel family.

invertible_hulk's review

Not quite as strong as the first volume, but then again I read it in a day -- not spaced out over 3 months as it was when published.