The Buy-In by Emma St. Clair

madisongdavis's review against another edition

Listen. If you want the cutest, sweetest romance with tons of adorable and fun tropes sprinkled throughout, while being wholesome, clean, and almost accidentally holding to a Christian worldview throughout the book, then this is it. ☺️

mama_chell's review against another edition

emotional medium-paced

lolovesbooks3's review against another edition

So you marry the guy who you know is in love with you (because he is up front and told you) because you need him to make you seem more “put together” so you can keep custody of your niece. He bends over backwards to help you in every possible way. THEN (after you marry him) you slap down a set of rules that involves no sex (fine), no kissing and no touching (like at all?) What!? I’m sorry but it was too dumb. I’m all for making the guy work for it, but completely shutting him down for no reason seemed so weird. Unless your reason is he did something you didn’t like years ago and you have the emotional intelligence of a toddler… maybe that was it. I’m all for the man giving his all in a relationship, but this relationship was so one sided it was painful to watch. I just really felt like Lindy needed to grow up a bit and Patrick deserved better.

It had cute moments, but it had the potential to be great and wasn’t.

janaya's review against another edition

lighthearted slow-paced

misspippireads's review against another edition

Emma St. Clair's newest book is here and it is amazing!

I fell in love with her series, Love Clichés, and this book continues the fun with Graham family. Yes, you can read this alone and before you read the entire Love Clichés series. BUT I would highly recommend reading all the books. They're fabulous books about friends, family, romance, and humor. They're sweet romance books that have stolen my heart.

The Buy-In travels to Sheet Cake, TX where Tank Graham buys a town for his family. His sons are not amused, until Pat sees Lindy, the girl who got away. Now it's time to win the girl, win over his brothers, and rebuild the small town. When you read The Buy-In, remember your to bring a long a reading snake of cake!

Reviewed from an eARC. Thank you, Emma!
All thoughts and opinions are my own.

anabanana_23's review against another edition

lighthearted medium-paced

rei_shing's review against another edition

funny inspiring lighthearted fast-paced

this was cute!

jessyschae's review against another edition

funny lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

There are two main plot lines to this book- the romance one evolves just as you expect it would (which I love). However, the secondary plot line just fell flat and very anticlimactically.

potaciousjamie's review against another edition

Would anyone understand my thoughts and feelings about this book if it was all just incoherent nonsense? Because right now, I don't think I can put into words just how much I loved this book! I loved Harper's family instantly in Falling For Your Best Friend and how close they were. They're dynamic as a family was everything. Pat's story...I don't even have words. It was glorious. His relationship with Lindy. How they responded to each other and talked to each other. Literally everyone's relationship with Jo. That child killed me. I am a sack of bones on the floor because she killed me. I don't have anymore thoughts I can put into actual words because I'd really like to just slam the keyboard out of happieness / joy / glee / any other synonym for that glowing feeling deep in your gut. Trust me, read this book. Just do it!

debbilynn42's review against another edition