The Heart Principle, by Helen Hoang

utah_bookworm's review against another edition

2 1/2-3 stars!

I just felt so many things reading this. It wasn’t what I expected at all. Good read, deals with such heavy topics. But I felt like they weren’t truly resolved. Like the fact that Anna’s sister just never apologizes for completely disregarding her sisters diagnosis and how she just continues to dismiss Anna’s feelings. I love Quan and I felt like he didn’t get a proper love story like Khai and Michael did! Don’t get me wrong Anna and his scenes were sweet I just didn’t feel like they were right for each other romantically. Idk I felt like the character of Anna should have had her own story without focusing on the romance. Lastly, the ending was rushed to me. But I did like this book just probably would have liked knowing that it deals with a lot of heavy subjects, then I wouldn’t have been so caught off guard while reading it. The cover totally threw me off.

bekahj7's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted medium-paced

lilianapeace's review against another edition

Wow❤️‍

captivate406's review against another edition

Beautifully complex!!

I devoured this novel in just 5 hours! The story is so full of emotions. It will make you laugh, cry, smile with joy and ball your fists in anger. I love all of Helen Hoang’s novels but this one definitely made me feel the most. I love her complex characters that show that no one is perfect, we all have things we have to overcome in our lives!

jsklowe's review against another edition

emotional hopeful inspiring medium-paced

andryce's review against another edition

emotional informative reflective sad medium-paced

kaityhutch's review against another edition

dark emotional hopeful medium-paced

yovina's review against another edition

emotional fast-paced

irraya's review against another edition

She just keeps getting better with her books. I loved this a whole lot. Maybe more so because I related a lot to Anna, regarding her family, especially what she goes through with her dad.

Audiobook - I didn't really enjoy the narrators or the production, however, I was engrossed in the book quickly, and managed to ignore my annoyances.

The female narrator spoke in a soft voice, almost a whisper, and the male narrator spoke in a slightly loud voice, so I jumped each time it changed over to him. He also spoke slower than her - something that should have been adjusted in the editing process.

kristakp's review against another edition

challenging emotional reflective fast-paced