rosarymabel's review

fast-paced

theseventhl's review against another edition

It was amazingly fast paced but I loved it. Doctor Strange is one of the few Marvel superheroes that I would read their origin story over and over again. Stephen and Wong and Sofia made a great team, and I really enjoyed reading how Strange comes into his powers. The art style took a bit to get used to, but I ended up liking it; it really fit with the story.

And at the end of the main story, when you see Doctor Strange in his superhero uniform for the first time? I may have squealed aloud at like 12:30 in the morning. Cos I'm a dork and excited by grown men in mystical magician costumes with orange spotted gloves.

There's also a teaser chapter for a related title by Matt Fraction, who is on my must read list of comic authors - so I'll certainly be checking out Defenders as well. Among others, there's Doctor Strange and She-Hulk and a Namor I actually want to care about!

(Insert obligatory rally cry of RAUL ESPARZA FOR MCU!DOCTOR STRANGE here.)

laura_trap's review against another edition

I loved the illustrations in this and Wong was a total punk badass

nikolailantsovs's review

hulk saying "i hate myself and i just want to die, just not today" is a wHOLE FUCKING MOOD. that's gonna be my motto now.

btw, i loved this one. iron fist, silver surfer, namor, she hulk and strange together was incredible!!!

birdmanseven's review against another edition

Not a fan. I found this to be busy and messy. It didn't hook me. I much prefer the JMS take on Strange's origin. I was slightly more interested in the issue of Defenders, but not enough to read more.

eevalouisa's review against another edition

Sekava ja hyppivä. En suosittele

librarimans's review against another edition

I typically enjoy Greg Pak, but this just did not work for me. I won't fault Pak entirely though as I have never been a huge fan of Dr Strange. The highlight with this was Emma Rios' art, it was simply spectacular.

chips200's review against another edition

One of the main reason for giving it a 5 is because of Doctor Ahmed, The hijabi nurse, and the art style

chips200's review

miamollekin's review

adventurous challenging funny hopeful inspiring mysterious reflective tense fast-paced