Bitter Falls, by Rachel Caine

sdreader's review against another edition

adventurous emotional mysterious tense medium-paced

bookish_satty's review against another edition

Oh! I love Gwen and family so much and loved the story even though 50% of the book was filled with family dynamics and not much action. It may not be for readers who don't connect with Gwen and her family but for those of us who love her would love this story as well.

kmpuzzled's review against another edition

Another great thriller.

This series keeps getting better. The only problem is that things get so tense I need to take breaks. Can't wait for the next.

bexfranke's review against another edition

Major Ozark vibes!!

chassard's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious medium-paced
  • Strong character development? N/A

I’m in a comfort zone now with these books. It’s fun to read a series again and get to see the characters develop over time. Good, adventurous, dark story once again.

mistressviolet's review against another edition

adventurous dark mysterious tense fast-paced

Distinct and interesting characters. Fast paced. There is a lot going on in this book, but it all contributed in a meaningful way to the story, which was refreshing.

Intriguing plot with a full, compelling backstory. Even though this is the fourth book in the series, I started with this one. And it held up perfectly as a stand-alone, which was nice.

I was pleasantly surprised by this book, and found myself thoroughly engaged throughout.

anyabru's review against another edition

Absolutely love the entire series! Although, I have to say, Gwen should stay away from places with names that give you shivers

maps28's review against another edition

dark emotional mysterious sad tense medium-paced

klp2675's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional mysterious sad tense medium-paced

It’s been a long time since I read the third book in the series so it took me a minute to get into this one, but I really liked it. The story moved fast and the characters are very real. They aren’t always likable or lovable, but that’s because they are in some pretty awful situations. The cult theme is pretty heavy in this series, but it makes more sense as it plays out.

jessicagatimu's review against another edition

Well she did it again. Fourth book and she created more suspense and a new plot. Really enjoyed this one too.