Haikyu!!, Vol. 03, by Haruichi Furudate

tmsmnrq's review against another edition

I can't believe I get this emotional over a boy who loves volleyball. Maybe is it because I didn't have anything like that back when I was in high school? (not like I have anything like that now either, tho).

The annoying thing with the ace started, but I'm willing to ignore that because I love Shoyo, the humor is great and Kenma made his appearance.

val_99's review against another edition

Siguen siendo super dramáticos, que pensé que Asahi llevaba años sin pisar la pista, pero ha sido un mes...

alyssamelw's review

adventurous funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

littlebookterror's review

I love these boys so much, you don't understand.

Knowing where this story will go, it is nice to see them so young still and at the beginning of their journey, only starting out to learn how to work properly in a team. In comparison, you could clearly tell that the older classmates have a history together that has shaped them. The experience playing as well is on another level.
Yu is probably my second favourite character and his introduction is just *chef's kiss* He adds both talent and laughter into the group and plays perfectly with the already established characters.
The Nekoma rivalry is played a bit over the top, but man, high school me would have eaten that shit up.

sugoitan's review against another edition

nishinoya and hinata my babies >~

allyxmoon's review

funny reflective medium-paced

shieldmaiden27's review

funny lighthearted medium-paced

jaowonders's review against another edition

I played middle blocker position in high school, so, I can definitely relate to Hinata. I'm slightly taller though by three inches. With that being said, I always wanted to play the libero position. The feeling of saving the ball, especially in a difficult situation and in a long rally, it always felt great. More so if we win the point. Guardian Deity

betweentheshelves's review

funny lighthearted fast-paced

What's great about this volume is the backstory we get on some of the senior players on the team. Of course, Hinata convinces them to play again (because how can you resist him??). Kageyama and Hinata are also building their playing relationship and other people get to see how amazing they are. This group of characters are just so fun to read about!

coffeebreath27's review