Heresy: A Young Adult Dystopian Romance, by C. a. Campbell

dammnitjay's review

I love a good dystopian read, and this one did not disappoint me at all. Right from the start you could feel the fresh wave of energy off of it. This book gave me chills and had me sitting up straighter at certain points, hanging on to sentences because I had to see the outcome.

It had everything, Action, romance, adventure, suspense and the real world.
I love how she wrote this universe and submerged us so deeply into it that I felt like I got lost into the book with everything fading into the background.

Great character development as well as a great story build.

the_faux_bella_swan's review

This book is amazing!! I went through so many emotions reading this book which I absolutely love when books can make me do that. 10000/10 you NEED to read this book. Can’t wait for book 2!!!

I honestly think this book needs to be like front and center in Barnes and Noble. I won’t lie I was hesitant at first and wasn’t sure if I’d like it but OMG I’m so happy I did. I literally can’t stop saying how much I love this book. This book is definitely going to be the next addition to my bookshelf. GO BUY IT NOW!!

SPOILER PORTION OF REVIEW:
Jake and Shiloh are the most amazing “Romeo and Juliet” esc couple I’ve read yet. Shiloh going from this scared, rule abiding little girl to suddenly being a complete badass fighting for love by the end. UGH

Also the little surprise twist thrown in there with Val and Stephanie ooooh omg love Love love! (Literally)

hensoava's review

adventurous emotional mysterious tense fast-paced

bookgirlj's review

Heresy pulls you in - Dissent keeps you there. This book blew me away. Perfect cross of Handmaids Tale The Giver and Hunger Games with just the right amount of romance to make this the perfect dystopian YA novel. CA Campbell’s writing style brings you into the stories and understand the characters to truly keep you hooked! This book was hard to put down and I frequently found myself up way too late. Great for Adults and Young Adults that have a love for Dystopian Novels with romance and action.  Just don’t forget to breathe because there are scenes that will have you in the throes of action rooting for your favorites and some of the characters just might surprise you!

amandaslibrary13's review

adventurous challenging dark emotional hopeful inspiring tense fast-paced

“What was heresy anyway, other than daring to be different from what the world tried to conform you to be?”
Heresy is a dystopian young adult romance about 5 people who just want the freedom to live their lives and be happy.
Thought trials and tribulations they work together to help each other defy the law.
The world building and character growth is inspiring. And the cliffhanger at the end will leave you wanting more right away!

samthebookdevotee's review

I found the characters to be frustrating and just overall annoying. The only character I remotely liked was Nic. Also, it was a bit boring for me. I only read as much as I did hoping more would happen but I finally gave up.

selysrivera's review

adventurous emotional hopeful inspiring fast-paced

READ IT!!!!

jandrews560's review

Five fantabulous freakin' stars, dude!!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

First off, I wanna thank the author for trusting me enought to gimme the chance at an ARC read and review. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

_thebookbabe_'s review