Pyramids, by Terry Pratchett

bewithoutcontext's review against another edition

Definitely my favorite so far of the Discworld series!

azure_mood's review against another edition

Even better than the last.

eggp's review against another edition

Sandy, unchanging
a kingdom without plumbing
some inheritance.

dbevvers63's review

funny lighthearted mysterious slow-paced

shinysarah28's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted slow-paced

tarana's review against another edition

This was hilarious. Pharaoh's son trains in Assassin's Guild in order to have a way to earn money to pay for stuff to go in Pyramids at home. That's how it starts. Goes on from there.

marleens's review against another edition

adventurous funny lighthearted fast-paced

In my current reread of the whole Discworld series, Pyramids was the first one that I didn’t remember anything about at all. I’m guessing that that’s mostly because it’s such a standalone book, without any of the well known and loved character groups (witches, wizards, guards). But it’s definitely a very fun one! I really liked main character Teppic, and the other characters were fun too. His father and the embalming duo might have been some of my faves. I wish we would have spent longer on the assassin stuff in Ankh Morpork because I really enjoyed that, but I can understand why the plot needed us to get back to the desert quickly. A fun romp!

threeheadedinternet's review against another edition

adventurous funny fast-paced

iainkelly_writing's review against another edition

The Discworld does Ancient Egypt and assassins who don't like to kill anyone. Great stuff, 2nd time round reading and still fresh, funny and original.

sophianavarre's review against another edition

Disappointed in this one! I am working my way through the Terry Pratchett catalogue and have loved them all, but I couldn't get past the xenophobia here. I know that the pyramids act as a metaphor to point out the general silliness of the trappings of organized religion, but... still. It was a bit much. DNF'd at 30%.