Brave the Tempest, by Karen Chance

lpcoolgirl's review against another edition

Wow, such a great book! There was stuff about feelings, there was exploring more of this world, and there was crazy action! Loved it so much!

laurla's review against another edition

"i screamed, because that's what you do when you're trapped between a powerful, pissed-off demon and ten tons of charging fury, wondering which will kill you first."

"it was one of my favorites, a plain white tee with a bowl of leaves and 'salad, the taste of sadness' underneath."

"rhea was probably super talented, considering who her parents were. but she didn't believe it because she'd always been told otherwise. she couldn't see her own worth, because no one else had ever seen it."

"goddamn it cassie! do as i say!" "one of these days, you're going to learn that that doesn't work. might as well be today."

"i'm judging you right now, so hard, if you could only see my eyes."

"most of the demons i knew smoked; i wasn't sure why. my current theory was that the smoke helped to obscure less-than-perfect glamouries, and the actions of fishing out a cigarette, lighting, and then smoking it gave them a set rota of things to do with their hands. that was helpful because some of them didn't have the usual number, or understand what passed for normal human motions."

kendra's review

adventurous dark funny tense fast-paced

bibliofiendlm's review against another edition

Another great book in the series. Action packed with plenty of long overdue Cassie and Pritkin time!

howlinbooks's review against another edition

description

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This book wasn’t exactly a long time coming but there has been a lot building up to it since the beginning and it hit the mark just perfectly! It’s the perfect book for dedicated fans of the series. For those of us who have been rooting for Cassie and dying to see her coming into her power and strength and owning her new position of authority.

And fans of this guy ^^^ are in for a real treat 😍 😍 😍

Format: ebook

Ownership: Own (eARC from NetGalley)

Tags: Overarching Story-line, Fast-Paced, Humorous

Themes: Love Triangle, Slow Burn Romance

description
Read more reviews and other bookish content on my blog https://elainehowlin.com
descriptiondescriptiondescription

redhairedashreads's review against another edition

This books is slower, in my opinion, than the rest of the series. This focuses heavily on the Pythia court and Cassie learning more about her power. Cassie has really grown since the first book and her interactions with her court really show this.

Cassie and Mircea still have unfinished business but it's done between them. FINALLY!!! Pritkin and Cassie are finally together but they still have a lot of stuff to work through. I am so glad they are finally together!

While I enjoyed this slower pace I did have some issues with this one. There was some confusing scenes in this book, mainly the scene with Pritkin, Cassie, and the demon council. It keep flashing from the demon council to later when Cassie was back home. This quickly became confusing for me, especially since I was listening to the audiobook and couldn't easily go back. I don’t understand why she wrote the scene like that when she could have just had two separate scenes and not confused people.

Overall, I enjoyed this book for it being the slower and more politics paced. This needed to happen for Cassie to have a successful court. I can't wait to see what will happen next for Cassie.

bookwifereviews's review against another edition

I.. I’m not sure what to think about this book. I feel like I have been looking forward to a book where she isn’t with the vampire and she can freely be with Pritkin. But the thing is, I hated Cassie in this book. She cried a lot and her self doubt was unbearable. I get she’s had some shit thrown at her but I just didn’t understand why all of a sudden her strong-ness went away. In the other books she took everything that came at her and she dealt with it. In this book she cried and got mad at everyone. I just didn’t like her here. She wasn’t good enough for Pritkin.

Pritkin is amazing. I love him. I love him so much. He’s all I wanted in this book and we got him.

I will probably have to stop reading if she ever goes back to the vampire because I hate him.

I gave this book 3 stars... mainly actually only because Cassie got weird and I didn’t like it. But the storyline was good.

jess_reads_a_lot's review

I just... am not team pritkin

ratherbereading_'s review

Gah this book was so good. I’m sad that Cassie and Mircea are no more, but I’m happy about the stuff with pritkin (though I am low key curious about Caedemon). The only criticism I’d have is that this book felt like it ended so quickly and I felt like I barely had time for a breath because it was non-stop action. Also the Cassie-Dory scene was great and I’m glad Cassie sort of came into her power and into herself a bit more in this book, though she still has a lot to sort out. I’m annoyed that she didn’t seem to click that the perfume she put on smelt like power (lightning) later described. These books just need to learn to build and have crescendos rather than full-on action constantly. Also, Penguin are mad for dropping this great series.

hexmurphy's review

550 pages was not long enough. i want to live in these books.