Unmasked: My Life Solving America's Cold Cases by Paul Holes

hales_n's review

informative inspiring fast-paced

yessibean's review against another edition

dark emotional informative mysterious sad fast-paced

furey's review

Dull as dirt. So disappointing.

leeartscot's review against another edition

dark emotional sad medium-paced

kelpish's review

3.5 rounded up. I think I was hoping for something a little less memoir-y and more detailed in research analysis.

jayykitty's review

Thank you to the publishers and NetGalley for allowing me to read an ARC in exchange for an honest review!
The author alone had me excited for this book. Paul Holes is known for his connection with the Golden State Killer investigation and reading his thoughts on the journey to the arrest is fascinating. Throughout the book, Holes reveals more about his past and the road that led him to criminal investigation. He also name drops many other well-known cases that he worked on, many of which I was already familiar with, but had no idea he was involved in the investigation! It's always fascinating to read about well-known cases from different points of view (the family of the victims and different investigators for example) so it was nice to read what Holes thought about these notable cases. This book is a great choice for anyone into true crime, investigations, or Paul Holes himself!

christalnoel's review

dark emotional medium-paced

collinssar's review against another edition

challenging dark emotional hopeful informative reflective medium-paced

meredithrae's review

dark emotional hopeful informative tense medium-paced

claytell's review

I always really enjoy his books. Learned more about the GSK along with his perspective on the story as opposed to all the accounts.