Reviews tagging Violence

Radio Silence, by Alice Oseman

arabellaruby's review against another edition

fast-paced

monarchbooks's review against another edition

emotional funny mysterious tense fast-paced

This book made me feel things and I loved it - 12:52 AM thoughts

tomoonarmy's review

dark emotional inspiring mysterious reflective sad tense medium-paced

nojerama's review against another edition

challenging emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted mysterious reflective sad tense slow-paced

I have never seen myself in a character more than I have with Frances. Her and Aled's friendship is my favourite thing in the world.

rei_'s review against another edition

dark emotional hopeful sad tense medium-paced

lyd41's review

emotional funny hopeful inspiring reflective medium-paced

WHEW this book was a time capsule. It was comforting to read about a girl living life within quite a niche side of the internet (2014 tumblr) that i hadn't heard of anyone else mention until now. ALL of the classics: superwholock references, WELCOME TO NIGHTVALE SINGLE HANDEDLY BASCALLY BEING THE BLUEPRINT, tacky random patterned clothing, microlabeling (which is valid slay), etc. The characters were very realistic and well-written. (....I can see why you liked the characters lyd bc they're basically you...) Also THE DIVERSITY SLAYSSS there's literally INTENTIONAL fat rep that doesn't have anything to do with a weight loss story like thank god that is so hard to come by these days also gotta love aspec rep and lesbian rep and general gay people rep amazing amazing. Took off .25 stars because it was too long. Beginning was boring and around 3/4 of the way in got boring too for a sec. Could have shaved down ~100 pages. However it didn't feel that long because of the short chapters which was a blessing. Compared to Suzanne Collins who writes 15+ page chapters with books a similar length, this book felt MUCH shorter.

nostarsleftinthesky's review against another edition

emotional funny informative inspiring lighthearted reflective relaxing sad medium-paced

Nov '19
I love Alice oseman so much. I stan the representation and how everyone in this book is just amazing. one of my favourites

Aug '20
God I just fell right back in love with this book. I remembered an odd few things that happened in this book, and it truly is an EXPERIENCE. I absolutely adore every character in this (not Aled's mum though) and Frances' mum is so cool. I resonate so much with Frances - she feels so pressured to do academic studies at universities like I do, but what she really wants to do is art and work on something she loves with Aled. I really didn't want this story to end. It's so beautiful.