Hook, Line, and Sinker, by Tessa Bailey

belles_bookishlife's review against another edition

Easily my favourite romance novel. Don’t get me wrong, Brenden and piper were wonderful. But Hannah and Fox were on a whole different level. Hannah is one of the sweetest MCs I’ve ever read and I loved how she grew into herself in this novel. Fox’s character development was impeccable. So so good. The bits of humour throughout the story kept it from being too heavy.
I’m sad to have to let go of the bellinger sisters, but that epilogue left me feeling warm and fuzzy

amy2023's review against another edition

fast-paced

lexib13's review against another edition

adventurous emotional funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

breathing_pages's review against another edition

This book is the sequel of It happened One Summer and it follows the tale of Piper's sister Hannah and Brendan's best friend, Fox.

Hannah is very different in comparison to her sister. She is an introvert who speaks through music. Her dream is to work on film soundtracks. During the previous book, she became friends with Fox, who is a fisherman and an infamous charmer. How did those two become friends?

Well, they did, and even though the chemistry is there, Fox doesn't want to risk her presence in his life, and tries to help her with being braver both in her professional and her personal life, when Hannah moves back to the small town for work.

She lives with him, and then the lines become blurry. They both have to face their own issues, and a possible relationship between them could be catastrophic, the magnetism is too much to ignore.

A lovely friends to lovers tale. It is one of my favourite tropes. There is the roommate trope in there as well. I like the fact that they are flawed characters. Bailey is amazing at writing great characters. And, they are all so different and separate from one another.

If you love small town contemporary romance, you will love it. And, it is a great epilogue to this duology.

fshearn's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced

patriciahkiwara's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted fast-paced

shanferns22's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing fast-paced

nfletchwilliams's review against another edition

I dnf'd about 2/3 of the way through. I just lost interest.
The book is heavily introspective, but in a way that felt repetitive and boring. I don't mind heavy introspection. I also thought Book Lovers had a lot of introspection but I loved Book Lovers.
I was mostly excited about the potential love triangle between Fox, Hannah and Sergei but Hannah basically did a complete 180 the second she meets Fox because he's super hot. So all the tension there was lost.
The characters act in the weirdest ways. Hannah around page 150, does something *very* intimate in front of Fox, where Fox is saying some cringey-ass lines. Then they basically go back to normal like nothing happened.
It felt like I was just reading filler, so I got bored.

kamilla_lahdiri's review against another edition

If you liked the first book you will for sure like this, its just not a 5 star for me since there was too much repetition of the subject matter in the book. Overall still really good !!!

jackiespider's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective sad medium-paced

I loved it. Every word. Amazing. I absolutely ADORED this book. I really enjoyed IHOS, but this one just had a few more layers. I loved the exploration of toxic masculinity, and I loved the vulnerability of Fox’s character. We all want to be the person who can transform how someone sees themselves, right?! And Hannah…. She’s incredible. Reminding us that leading lady qualities aren’t always being in the spotlight, but being enduring, and kind, and solid. I said already but I loved the music element so so much. It reminded me of how my relationship with my husband started 🧡