Blue Lily, Lily Blue, by Maggie Stiefvater

yes hello the 300 fox way ladies can step on me any day

intezaarlily's review

I literally only care about the Gray Man <3

gemgem18's review

adventurous dark mysterious tense fast-paced

grimdark_dad's review

adventurous challenging dark funny mysterious sad medium-paced

mpturra's review against another edition

I like a lot of what Blue Lily, Lily Blue brings to the Raven Cycle story, I really do. But a lot of the other stuff is just preparing for the last book and I can't decide if I should really say this was better off as a trilogy.

On one hand, the slower pace and the messiness it's what contributes to the dream-like atmosphere that it so unique. On the other one, it's quite unecessary and I saw myself skimming scenes because I already knew that wasn't going to play a major role on the actual plot.

If I praised the introduction to the world for holding up on rereads, I really can't say the same for the conclusion.
That being said, I really like the characters, and how they interact and develop and change is mesmerizing and captivating and what builds all of the three stars given.

rholthuizen's review

adventurous mysterious medium-paced

frasersimons's review against another edition

adventurous dark emotional funny mysterious reflective sad tense medium-paced

It really just gets better and better imo. We get answers about Blue, and they are good answers. Cowards are revealed, as is regal bravery. It’s all so very good. More questions arise as some are answered and the tension increases massively as we hurtle toward the possible death of our boy. I feel like the humour and characterization get better with each instalment as well. People always reveal themselves in surprising ways.

abbypeekreads's review against another edition

adventurous mysterious medium-paced

After feeling like The Dream Thieves took a bit of a detour from the overarching plotline of the series as a whole, I was so glad to feel like we were getting 'back to the basics' with this book. What I enjoyed about The Raven Boys--the search for Glendower and the dynamics of the group as a whole--took center stage again, and the bar was seemingly raised even higher with this story. The stakes were raised, the tension was palpable, the relationships were more complex, and the character development was on point. Plus, I appreciated how the important plot points of the second book was worked in, which made me understand its importance to the overall plot even more. In short, this book is my favorite in the Raven Cycle series so far, and I can't wait to get my hands on the final book soon!

damen_ever's review against another edition

adventurous challenging dark emotional mysterious medium-paced

starrypinksky's review

adventurous dark emotional funny hopeful inspiring mysterious medium-paced