Meredith, Alone, by Claire Alexander

utramariikka's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted fast-paced

raggydollemz's review

emotional funny hopeful reflective sad fast-paced

niftygal's review

emotional funny hopeful reflective sad fast-paced

jesslomas's review against another edition

emotional hopeful sad medium-paced

amanda_k's review

challenging emotional reflective

georgia_is_reading's review

emotional funny hopeful medium-paced

greyt_things's review against another edition

dark emotional hopeful medium-paced

abi0188's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful informative inspiring reflective sad medium-paced

iamessagarcia's review

This is Claire Alexander’s debut novel and I want to thank her for giving us this gem.

But before I dive in about the novel, I would like to make a comment on the cover (in which I seldom do). I love the cover. And I feel that it captures the theme of the story. The illusion that it seems deeper, bigger than it actually is. And I feel that it is a reflection on how some people view their personal, comfort space. Yes, some people might find being cooped at home is suffocating but to others, sometimes, it actually feels bigger, and enough.

Anyway, this story was written from Meredith’s perspective and I love that we are witnesses on her journey. And her thoughts. And that means, we are in with her struggle and I, for one, empathise with her: Her every attempt to step out and the crippling anxiety that stops her, followed by her frustration, regret and surrender.

And together with her journey to overcome her anxiety, I love all the people she has with her: the friend that stayed, new friends, and even a friendly neighbour.

This is a story about bravery, reconciliation, acceptance, family and friendship. And truly a heartwarming tale that might resonate to us. That is especially in the age where there is a growing awareness around mental health. And also the effect of the long pandemic lockdown to some.

eagray88's review against another edition

emotional hopeful inspiring reflective fast-paced

*ARC RELEASE DATE 11/1/22*

meredith is a completely lovable and complex character that has faced and survived some unspeakable things. the author beautifully creates characters that exude resilience in their own ways. i found myself cheering on meredith, fee, celeste, and tom.. and hoping for their happiness. meredith, alone is a quick read that explores the hardships of life and the value of community/family/friendships. while some of the topics are quite heavy, there is also joy and hope and laughter and triumph. i thoroughly loved this book and have already started recommending it to friends that loved eleanor oliphant and where did you go bernadette!