Reviews for Frankly in Love, by David Yoon

elizafiedler's review against another edition

Really, really cute and surprisingly complex teen romance + family drama. Love!

bookiesncookies's review against another edition

review to come?

bookiesncookies's review against another edition

Thank you to Libro.FM for providing me with an advanced copy of the audiobook.

The narrator was unique and perfect for this story, however he also reminded me of Lin-Manuel Miranda even though this narrator was an Asian-American man, not a Puerto-Rican American man, so idk what that was about.

thenarratress's review against another edition

True rating 4.5

I enjoyed reading this book a lot. I needed a fun love story and I believed that one about fake dating would be the best one to go with. It then took a turn I did not expect which means that now ghat I reached the ending I'm crying horribly.

The ending was one I truly could relate too which is why it hit me so hard. Especially since it's been only weeks since it happened to me...

Usually I get bothered with books that have too much of another language in it. My sister once said that it feels like it's badly translated (for referance we both grew up on translated books as English is not our first language). I noticed, however, that as long as it not plays somewhere else where people actually should speak that language I do not mind. It acctually feels authentic reading a story with it that plays in the USA. I also felt really proud of me when I was able to compleatly understand the Korean fight Mr. Lee and Mr. Song had in the middle of the book (which was not a small fight and it means my Korean is improving greatly ^___^)

In the end I can say I enjoyed this book. It was a rollercoaster of feelings and it showed the balance between old and new world well.

Will write more for this review soon~

dcinter's review against another edition

challenging emotional funny lighthearted sad tense fast-paced

monicasboeken's review against another edition

Zoveel emoties

niftygal's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful reflective fast-paced

whitney210's review against another edition

Such an interesting and sweet coming of age story. A good part romance but also dealing with family relationships and the stigma of racism. The characters were relatable and like able. I find myself wanting to read a follow up on their lives!

rjsthumbelina's review against another edition

I didn't expect to like this one as much as I did! Great input about racism, beautiful (and messy) character relationships, and maybe a little too much plot? Frank is trying to navigate senior year, falling in love, and pleasing his Korean immigrant parents. Does include a fake dating situation