jmdeal's review

Awkward format and dismissive of trauma. Maybe it got better but I wasn’t in a mood to find out.

ktcarlston's review

I was SO BUSY being bugged by the format of this book that any wisdom it discussed was lost. Not really -but I would say 90% of the things that it said in this book I missed because I hated the format. That being said - will someone please re-write this so that I can do better and be better?

charley0796's review

hopeful reflective medium-paced

My first philosophy book. This was really interesting and like others I resonate with the mindful approach to life and about trying to move beyond the capitalist tendency to compete with everyone.

However I just couldn’t get past the discounting of trauma as linking to mental health and difficulties.

melsage1823's review

hopeful informative tense medium-paced

This book is an amazing book that encourages people to get talking about their mental health and has some very good methods to help people who struggle with their image and the pressure to fit in. Although I found the youth and polisipher annoying at times my favourite part of this book was the discussion of separation of tasks and how we are not responsible for what others think of us.
However I do think its absolutely irresponsible despite giving it five stars to say that Truama doesn't exist as Truama is the catalyst of mental health. However that lead me to have very interesting discussions with people who hadn't read the book also thinking it was ridiculous. I mean anger is fabricated S?seriously?
Definitely recommend this despite the flaws.

teiamaso's review

informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

kboglola's review

inspiring reflective medium-paced

dreamqueen777's review against another edition

informative inspiring reflective medium-paced

anthonyonlife's review

Setting aside the overly simplistic and obvious philosophy, the writing is objectively amateur. I struggle to understand why this book receives such high praise, when it relies on the same tropes over and over again, page after page.

lrd_read's review

Not the biggest fan of non fiction

seconddaysea's review

Honestly great context and I think I needed it.