The Hill We Climb: An Inaugural Poem for the Country, by Amanda Gorman

christinasbookchronicles's review

emotional hopeful inspiring lighthearted reflective medium-paced

tarrryns's review against another edition

Working from Nicole’s house means access to her library between meetings

drcerulean96's review against another edition

emotional hopeful inspiring fast-paced

loudashope's review against another edition

hopeful inspiring reflective fast-paced

adevine's review against another edition

reflective fast-paced

kilter's review against another edition

emotional hopeful

brandontscott's review against another edition

Obviously this gets a 5/5 Stars from me. Not only for the content produced by Gorman or the Foreword by Oprah, but for what this poem represents in American society. This poem is a beacon of light for so many in, otherwise, dark times. I believe she delivered this poem beautifully on the day of the inauguration, and I think that this piece will stand the test of time to be remembered by future American citizens through its, potential, inclusion in textbooks taught to the children of the future. This poem is a great piece to consider when thinking about the future of our nation and the changes that need to be made in order to finally attain the ideals for which, we say, we stand.

julieshaver414's review against another edition

This should be in every home across America—a touchstone for beginning each new day!

kemcnicholas's review against another edition

My pre-ordered copy arrived today so naturally I immediately read it out loud to myself. Gorman is a simply stunning poet and I look forward to reading her through what will undoubtedly be a long career.

"We've learned that quiet isn't always peace,
And the norms and notions of what 'just is'
Isn't always justice."

CHILLS!

kirjoihinkadonnut's review against another edition

Hieno, voimakas runo. Odotan kyllä kokoelman ilmestymistä suurella mielenkiinnolla.