Reviews for A Night in Terror Tower, by R.L. Stine

sphynxreads's review

This was my first ever Goosebumps read and it's still my favorite. Just the right amount of scare for kids, but what I loved most about this one was the mystery and the big reveal towards the end.

caffeinatedbibliophile's review

I only vaguely remembered this one, but I did remember really loving it the first time I read it when I was about 9, I think. I was obsessed with the middle ages, and especially the less pleasant aspects they didn't teach us much about in school, so I was even more excited than usual to get this Goosebumps book. This time around, not much has changed. I'm still generally interested in the same kinds of things I was back then, and I still really enjoyed this book.

All the Goosebumps books are short, quick reads, and this one is jammed with action almost from the very beginning. While I was reading, it took me a while to remember what happened with Eddie and Sue I remembered as soon as they got to the tower cell that they were the prince and princess, but I couldn't remember how they'd ended up so far in the future. After I remembered that, I still couldn't remember how the book ended, so it was almost like reading it for the first time again, which was kind of awesome.

Basically, even about 20 years later, I still love the Goosebumps books, and I'm glad to find one of my childhood favorites was still fun to read as an adult.

dannireadsallthetime's review

This one was actually quite creepy. This is up there as one of my favourite goosebumps.