The Diablo's Curse by Gabe Cole Novoa

katrinaeames's review

adventurous emotional medium-paced

stormyskyreads's review against another edition

adventurous challenging funny hopeful medium-paced

Thank you NetGalley and Random House Children's for access to and eARC of this stunning sequel to The Wicked Bargain. (All thoughts and opinions are my own.) Dami doesn't want to be a demon any longer, so they set off on a new adventure to make themselves a human. Small problem: they must cancel all their current deals. One is harder to close than the others because it's the only thing keeping Silas, a charming boy cursed to die young, alive. Silas wants nothing more than to return to his family and jumps at the chance to break the curse. The problem is that the person helping him break the Curse is the demon who made a deal to stop him from dying…which has led to him dying and coming back to life every day. Not uncomfortable at all.The two travel to a dangerous island to retrieve a lost treasure to break the curse. This book is perfect for fans of the first book and newcomers.

5 out of 5 stars

anniekslibrary's review

Genderfluid shapeshifters will always hit the spot for me. I loved Dami so much, and this was an incredibly fun read. I ended up reading it in one sitting because it was so engaging. This was my third book by Gabe Cole Novoa and I'm craving more!

scschaecher's review

adventurous dark emotional mysterious fast-paced

I said I wanted a plot book and I can’t complain because this is a PLOT BOOK. I was surprised they managed to tie everything together even if I’m still a littttle lost on the intricacies of the original cursing situation and who designed the island and everything.
-1 because their description of losing senses
especially touch
was not very accurate with how it would go (
Dami still mentioned knowing surfaces were hard by feeling them, walking on uneven surfaces, etc. this isn’t really doable without touch
) I just hate a sci fi or magic book that tries to explain too much that I realize it’s fake. Loses the suspension of disbelief.
-1 for adding weird rules and world building to the demonio deals/world without explaining why or how or background. They were just rules to force the plot to happen, but didn’t have a basis in the world.
+1 for me not being able to put it down and reading hundreds of pages in one night.

greysonk's review

adventurous hopeful mysterious fast-paced

nat_montego's review

adventurous lighthearted mysterious medium-paced

sarahsupastar's review against another edition

adventurous

missbrookss's review

adventurous hopeful tense medium-paced

allisoncc's review

adventurous funny mysterious medium-paced

leticia7662's review

adventurous challenging emotional tense slow-paced

Very promising story, but not executed well. It dragged on and then it felt rushed at the end. There were still plot lines that didn’t feel resolved.