Romancing Mister Bridgerton by Julia Quinn

gaby_mrc16's review

funny lighthearted mysterious relaxing slow-paced

tamaravdp's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced

siakou's review

Look, I’m not saying I read this. I would never pick this up willingly, even speed reading half of it was a struggle and a bore but I just wanted to get all the tea before the 2nd half of season 3 of the TV show airs.

Anyways, I’m a sucker for anything friends to lovers related (but then again, is this actually friends to lovers or it’s just marketed that way? Cause I didn’t see much of a friendship just a girl who’s is obsessed and depressed with a boy who is clueless and just wants the attention being in instalove when it gets convenient) but I got the info I wanted, I’ll stick to TV show now cause at least that shit’s entertaining.

book_soulsbee's review against another edition

emotional funny lighthearted reflective medium-paced

nikkicruz_md's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted relaxing medium-paced

This reader is rather fond of reading books before watching live adaptations, however, this is not the case for this series. You see, fellow bibliophiles, this reader attempted to peruse the first installment of the series, that is - The Duke and I and got terribly bored so she shelved it under DNFs.

You must know, fellow bibliophiles that this reader have been rooting for Colin to finally see what a treasure Penelope is in his life, so when the announcement for the 3rd season starring the loveteam that this reader have been wanting to see for such a long time broke out, this reader could not help but squeal in delight.

This love story is so charming.

Penelope is a wallflower, she knows it and everybody knows it too. She'd known that she couldn't shine brighter than the others so she acknowledged the fact that she is just that - a woman, nothing more, nothing less. She had been in love with Colin since the very beginning, she longed for him to see her, she was used to unrequited love for 12 years and when he finally did see her, it was majestic.

His love hadn't been a thunderbolt from the sky. It had started with a smile, a word, a teasing glance. Every second he had spent in her presence it had grown, until he's reached this moment, and he suddenly knew.

HE LOVED HER.

I love that the live series showed the transition of how Colin looks at Penelope, from friendly gawking to yearning. I love them so much! I love the pacing and everything in between. Their love story got sweeter because of the trials and tribulations their characters went through.

Colin: I love you, and I hate myself for not seeing the real you all these years.

tibbynaj's review against another edition

funny lighthearted fast-paced

mizread's review against another edition

emotional funny hopeful inspiring lighthearted tense fast-paced

I really enjoyed Penelope’s character in this book. I think the series of events did make sense — though, I found Colin’s sudden interest in her to be startling. Granted, I’ve only picked up this book due to the latest season on Netflix and haven’t really watched the previous seasons nor read the previous books despite knowing the spoilers. So, maybe the build up was there and I was simply lost on it. This was a fun and quick read!

I think I enjoyed Colin’s and Penelope’s relationship, despite thinking his sudden interest in her was… out of nowhere. I really enjoyed how Penelope realised she had put him on a pedestal, and that Colin himself was jealous of her. I hoped that there was more exploration on it, as it felt more like being swept under the rug. I honestly hoped that by realising she put him on a pedestal, that she would see him for who truly is. But it felt like she barely grappled with it and instead was still besotted with the Colin in her head.

jmrhodes's review against another edition

funny lighthearted medium-paced

aahlert's review against another edition

funny hopeful lighthearted medium-paced

deluciate's review against another edition

A comforting re-read ahead of watching Season 3 next year.